Chapter 38: Dangerous Liaison

Song for this chapter: Something Just Like this by The Chainsmokers ft

Something Just Like this by The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay

Lycurgus' POV

Three days. Three days of pure torture. I can't bring myself to sleep or eat. My Lycan craved for blood and has been on the edge lately. He can't understand as to why Ygritte isn't waking up. And so I used most of my time torturing rogues in the basement.

Seeing her for the first time after a few weeks warmed my heart. I can finally breathe, I knew I made her feel like shit. I feel awful doing that to her, it's like I just made her do something she hated most. Making her drink that potion forcefully is enough for her to spat those words.

"I hate you, with every fiber of my whole being. I hate you."

I growled and before I knew it my fist collided with the wall, making sure the dent is big enough from the impact.

It hurts. I knew this would happen but it still hurts. It was like a twisting knife in my heart cutting it slowly and in each passing moment I feel like I was losing her all over again. If only she knew the power she had on me. But I knew I'd do it all over again.

It had always been like that, her over me.

I lost it the moment I knew she was gone. I mean, I knew she'd run away but my lycan didn't handle it very well and it caused me nearly killing Barbara. I destroyed my room especially the couch where Barbara slept, the last time I remember it I tore everything to pieces.

That woman, I can't believe she did that. I can't even stand sitting beside her let alone sharing a room with her. I clenched my fists as I gritted my teeth - trying to compose my anger.

Her scent is sticking to my nose like an odor making me and my lycan irritated. Cavier hated her smell, he despises it.

Kaspar had to send Barbara back to Crolgo but I knew she didn't changed. She's still a gold digging psychotic bitch who'd do anything to get her hands on the crown and so she came back. I never knew she'd use the sweet mistress card to destroy what Ygritte and I had.

Ygritte...

I lost Ygritte years ago, a few weeks before the Grand Gala. The Ygritte I knew is innocent and pure with an amount of feistiness in her spirit, every single day was never a boring one with her. She loves - no, she craves adventure and would do all things to understand the cycle.

Her youthfulness makes everything around her a joyful place. I remembered the second time I saw her, it was clearly an unforgettable one.

I saw her speaking to one of the goblins, I thought it was weird. If I'm not mistaken, only royal winter faes could do that. So by then I thought, is she a hybrid?