Chapter 13: Far beyond the mountains ⛰

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

Days passed by like an eastern wind in a hurry to fill in the land. It was near sunset and the roaming beauty of fireflies lit up the place. From where I was sitting I found myself in deep thoughts, my mind is being summoned in an unknown abyss when I sensed someone looking at me from afar.

I raised my head up to find Lycurgus looking at me, longingly. I shook my head in response feeling the hot gushing blood trying to make their way out of my cheeks only resulting in me having a reddish one. I do not know the status of our relationship and no I cannot confirm it by those kisses and hugs we've shared. Does he also want to take the risk?

I shook my head, I can clearly remember the way he kissed me that day and I know that it's more than just kissing a random lady. He told me that I was his, I could make the terrible monster wrapped around my fingers. Was it? I gasped some air trying to hold the tears that is starting to dwell in my eyes.

It has been days since we talked to each other. He was just like a ghost, he'd give you chills and unforgettable memories then leave you dumbfounded letting you crawl your way out of the darkness.

From where I was sitting I saw two groups of people, one is heading to Sumir led by Prince Lucas and the other to Porphyria, the land of dwarves, which is led by Lycurgus. Well, am I ever gonna get much more luckier? Carriages aligned preparing for the long journey that will take. And me thinking of nonsensical things may result of our extinction. I know this isn't going to help the people who are now into the battlefield watering the perilous jungles of Bronwig with their blood.

Hastily I stood up from my feet, grabbing my bag I ran joltedly to join Yoshakas' group. When a pair of hands stopped me, caught my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. I squirmed in the mans' embrace and turned around to see a sorrowful lycan, Prince Lucas.

His eyes were bloodshot, his face grew facial hair and weren't even shaved. He looked liked someone who haven't slept for days. He shook down his head and glanced at me for some time again. He breathed so heavily that made me cautious of his actions.

"I'm sorry." He muttered silently. I know when a person is sincere or not, I have learned better than to trust anyone I just met, but Prince Lucas is on another level.

Instead of answering him I let out a deep sigh, exhaling all toxic air in my lungs. Getting rid of all the hatred I have for him, am I still angry? The thing is, I do not know.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you, Ygritte. I just - I just want to make things right before we go our separate ways," he said in a low voice, he's also careful with his actions.

I looked around to see prying eyes watching our every move, his comrades are already waiting for him in their carriages. Did he left his comrades just to say sorry for me? I took a step back to made a gap, and looked straight to his silver grey eyes, those orbs who looks like they're bringing a storm no one would oppose but this time it's empty, lonely and... guilty. And I knew by then he was sincere in his words.