Chapter 17: An Angry Yoshaka

Commander Lycurgus Alexandrovich Gustavo up above 😍 I'm inlove with his eyes. Pic on pinterest !

Ygritte's POV

I woke up due to the intense pain in my flank. I opened my eyes as I looked around at my bedroom to find my comrades all asleep. Morphy is at the edge of my bed laying her head - she was probably the one who took care of me - Yoshaka is laying in the love seat with his mouth gaped open, snoring so loudly. Orville on the other hand - oh how ladylike, had his head resting at an arm chair and surrounded himself with chairs to keep himself at place. So they've found their own camping ground at my own room huh?

I looked around - looking for a particular person but he was nowhere to be found. Did he hated me for what I did? 

 I can't help but felt a pang in my chest imagining him rejecting me after that. But I took those feelings aside, it wouldn't be good, considering that we are on a mission I should be focused on the task at hand and not on some distracting feelings.

I stood up from my bed carefully trying not to make a noise and wake them up. I got out of my room and just found myself looking for him - wait, what?!  This stupid heart of mine, no matter what happens it would still look after him. I found him resting at the terrace, he seemed to be in deep thoughts for he hasn't noticed my presence.

That's when I realized how tall he is, he has this broad shoulders with a brawny body. He's always clothed in a formal army suit that would demand respect to everybody. Always fresh, it was almost impossible to find a speck of dirt over his handsome face. What's bothering him? Did he slept? Did he ate already? I can't help but overthink if what I did bothers him then I can't do anything about it. 

I cleared my throat and I almost shuddered when he turned around and face me I almost ran away. He immediately caught my eyes and I thought I was melting on the spot. Seems like every ounce of courage I had a while ago escaped at my grasp. I can feel my cheeks burning from embarrassment when I realized I was staring at his face longer than necessary.

"O-oh you're here!" I uttered in a hurry.

I saw an emotion passed his eyes the moment he saw me but were also gone immediately and got covered with his malicious handsome playful smirk. I gritted my teeth and tried my best not to punch the little stupid thing inside of me, trying my best not to be persuaded by that handsome face in front of me.

"Of course I'm here, why? Where do you think I should be?" He said smirking.

Instead of answering I poked my tongue out to him and heard him chuckled playfully. I thought he's gonna close the distance between us but he stayed to where he's standing and looked at me - scrutinizing me. A few minutes passed by and it was becoming more unbearable that I caste my gaze anywhere but him and with all I had I asked him.

"Do you hate me?" I asked bluntly as I tried not to look at his eyes.

It seems like no matter how playful he is around me he can never hide that he's being careful with me and it pains me to realize that last night. 

I don't know why he's doing it but the mere thought of him being careful is already disappointing. I want him to be himself when he's around me. I can clearly remember what happened last night - the blood, the agony and the strangers' scream - I remember it all. Did he thought that I could inflict harm on him? I doubt it, he's a lycan Ygritte! Don't be such a dum-dum you idiot.

A few minutes passed and my heart is breaking slowly for each passing moment 'he must have hated me,' I thought. It took all of me to stop the tears that is on the edge right now. No! I will not cry in front of him! Anywhere but in front of him!