Chapter 41: The Message of High King Saturn

STILL LYCURGUS' POV

STILL LYCURGUS' POV

"Wait! Hold it, commander. But King Chaos has the crystal, why can't he control it?" Yoshaka interrupted with his hands on the sides garnering all of our attention.

Before I could even answer Kaspar butted in explaining, "What he meant by that, is that only a winter fae can be immune to such things. What Lycurgus had read in that book meant that royal winter faes are the only one that could withhold evil from getting into our world. The other races had their own purpose to provide."

"So, it's like the dwarves are on craftsmanship and the elves on knowledge?" Cyrus intervened.

Kaspar agreed as they continued to talk about the roles of each races. I crossed my arms feeling a little impatient and bored. I stood up on the stoned floor and walked near the window facing the north as I put my hands in my pockets. I leaned into the wall and stared at the castle. There it stood, majestically tall and proud.

I smiled ruefully how I gave up the throne so easily just for her. How everything glided down so easily. But I know it's worth it - she's worth the pain.

I was brought back to my senses when I heard her ear-splitting scream. My heart almost leaped out of my chest as I ran to her side. She started trashing around as I held her arms down. Yoshaka rushed to her left and held the other one as Orville and the Hunter hold her legs.

"Keep her down!" Kaspar commanded as waves and waves of black energy went off her. The thunderstorms seemed to have gotten angrier as it boomed louder than ever before. Green lights stroke through the dark skies as a loud horn of a haunting song was heard all throughout the Plains of Lorendale.

It was some sort of a warning and a promise of destruction.

The maids screamed, hiding and hugging each other as if it could them pry their fears away. Morphy and her twin were at the corner clutching their ears as they crouched down.

My heart was constricted with so much pain looking at her tear strikened eyes filled with horror and fear.

"P - please m-make it stop! It hurts!" She screamed as she squirmed in our grasps.

She looked at me with her tearstained glowing eyes, "G-gus, please m-make it stop. It h-hurts."

Kaspar ordered the men to let her go the moment she had calmed. She instantly crawled in my chest as I wrapped my arms around her. Feeling satisfied at how she wanted to be protected.

Her body's still shaking from too much crying and so I held her close as she placed her head at the crook of my neck. Her wailing turned to quiet sobs as she pressed her face right into my chest like she was seeking for warmth and comfort.

"Leave us," I commanded.

Without a word they left the room giving me and Ygritte the privacy that we need. She instantly relaxed knowing that there's only the two of us left.