Chapter 12: Would you like some tea? 🍵

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

Funny, we spent the whole time exchanging worthless questions. Gritting my teeth, impatience started to toll me over the cliff. Why am I even stucked with this old man who came from who knows where?!

"What were you doing here? Who sent you?"

"Why are you too short? Why do dwarves hate tall persons?"

I can't help to throw such nonsensical questions. But don't you worry I'm all fine, just a little bit awkward at the situation since I don't know where to put myself in.

He cleared his throat and tried to anticipate the situation. He seemed to be calmed and had not got annoyed by my way of questioning, hmm good for him though.

"I was sent here by---" Until he could finish his sentence there was aloud banging on the door.

I looked at Moris who looked at the door boringly as if he was really expecting someone to come but too lazy to open the door. I decided to shut my mouth not trying to do anything stupid.

The loud banging went on and on, "Uh, aren't you going to get it?" I asked Moris.

He just shrugged, arrgh lazy dwarf! I thought for myself.

I was about to get the door since Moris is too lazy to get it when a man went in unexpectedly.

The man I though who had been gone. I thought he died.

Together with him is Morphy, Broun and Savina.

"O-orville !" Shock registered my face as I ran up to give the young man the hug I used to give him in which he returned it and caught me embracing me tightly as if he really did missed me too.

And as I gaze at Morphy I sensed discomfort from her.

"Where have you been Morph? Everyone's been looking for you." I asked looking straight to her eyes, challenging her if she would tell me the truth.

"Up for some business, there's one thing you should know," she said as she looked at Broun and Savina.

Broun immediately put a strange weapon down, it is a bow. Carefully crafted for a skilled bower. Okayy what's going on?

I held the bow in my hands and took a closer look, there are markings, "What is this? Where have you found it?" I asked, the markings has taken a toll on me. Seems too familiar but I can't recall where I've seen this.

"That is Alumina's markings you have there, dear." The dwarf interrupted.

"Yes, only found in Sumir only a dokkalfar can have the privilege to yield this weapon. For this is so powerful it can run up to 20 miles an hour depends on the strenght you give on it," Savina added.

Orville seemed to have understand that I am still confused, "we've found it at a nearby village. They said it was attacked by hybrids but we've found none but that, well aside from burned houses and dead bodies on the ground."

"Odd indeed," Moris remarked. "Did Sora tell you anything?" He asked whilst looking at me, searching for answers.

The atmosphere has gotten thicker as more theories of evolution took place. I'm completely appalled, face palming I tried to ease the tension with a question and a smile, "The horrific place must have taken a toll on you, can I get you all a drink?"

They all looked at me like I was a retarded maniac who lost herself  instantly which made me doubt my move to "ease" the situation until...

"A tea would be nice. I'll help you prepare some Ygritte," said by Morphy, saving me in my distress in which I returned it with a big smile.

I turned to make the so called "tea" I was about to make. Argh, you are such a genius, Ygritte! I never knew you could make some.

I'm already imagining my inner self face palming for my stupidity.

Luckily enough Morphy followed me quietly in the kitchen.

"Umm, heyy." She said in a manner of well, maybe a little hesitant I must say.

Cat got my tounge, it was way too awkward. I decided to make the tea, mixing the sugar with caffeine and a little powdery like white substance, I saw a pinkish powder and to ease the awkwardness I decided to put it in also and add some hot water.

I looked at my terrible version of tea and caught Morphy looking at me like I lost my mind. Hey, I saw Orville doing this. He mixed the same ingredients I put, he said it could make him stay awake until sunrise - thought they might need it, hmmm.

"Are you trying to kill us?" Morphy remarked with that joint eyebrows looking for answers. Okay, what did I do?

"Uhhh, do you want some tea?" Me asking as I offered her one, laughing nervously.

"Why would I freaking want that?!" She screamed at me, giving me a blow in the head.

"Hey! that's not fair !" I pouted.

"You left Yoshaka and Porphy on their own! How could you do that?! They've been worried sick about you," I stopped myself from strangling her, that would make me over dramatic.

She went silent for a while, she looked down and I thought that her shoes got her caught up for a moment.

I decided to wait, allowing the securing silence around us to occupy the gap between us. It feels like forever when she decided to talk.

"It's best that they shouldn't be drag into the trouble I'll be going too."

"You're still dragging them, knowing the two of them we both know they'll come off far off wide to look for you."

She wavered my reasoning as if she has been decided.

"It's too late for that now. Before I forgot, you've been chosen eh? We'll go right behind you. Do not tell a single word to Sora." She said, I sensed her hesitancy in trusting me.

And right at that moment I feel so useless like a dumb person going into the war without no weapon and wasn't even trained enough to fight. I feel so bare, I allowed insecurities as well as doubt crept into me. I don't know if I can still do this.

"What is going on?" I asked quietly, more likely to myself. I want to understand everything.

Why are they hiding?

What does Sora the fae have to do with it?

What is going on?

I was caught in the moment, I was deep down in my thoughts. When Morphy patted me in my back, and with a small smile she said, "Let's go back and gave them the "tea" you offered."

That's when I realized that she already did the tea, the real one and threw the ones I made.

"Your tea is the worst. We have a long day to go Ygritte."

I gave her a big smile, she may have trust issues but she still choose to open up a bit for me. And I was thankful for that, and I admit my tea is the worst.