Chapter 2: Caterwauling on the task

Ygritte's P

Ygritte's P.O.V

"Sora," I greeted as soon as I entered her tent.

"Ahh, you have come young one. I have a word from the Hierophant"

That got me caught off-guard as I stood frozen on my spot. The Hierophant? The Hierophant is the thieves guide, although some of us consider her as a god. She was believed to be the thieves god and for that the people made her statue and would often bring sacrifices for good lucks. She is the one who guides us, the one who gives the tasks, our Big Boss and well... a pain in the ass. I don't know why, but I don't like her ever since. And if she is giving me a task it will be a big one considering that it got her attention.

I decided to shrugged off any unnecessary ideas, "What about it?"

"You are hereby tasked to be sent to the military in Sumir, but before that you need to be trained. To be sent to the Siege in Bronwig. But, not to fight but to steal and destroy the rumored power and energy source of the Hybrid Army."

Fear suddenly went up my body as the sheering unearthing coldness ran down my spine. This isn't my fight! If I were up to hybrids then I would be gone the moment I challenged one of them. They're ferocious and very dangerous.

"What?! You're completely insane! I didn't even win that competition Sora it would be better if you give this task to th--"

"The Hierophant will not be glad to hear that her order had been disobeyed not to mention rejected too." She said cutting me off.

"Who cares?! There are a lot of better fighters here!" I whined. Of all the people, why me?! Okay, calm down a little sugar, anger will not help you solve the problem.

"Young Ashtroy, the Hierophant would not give you this task without a reason. She sees something in you, at least, that's what she said. But you mustn't be afraid for you are not going in there alone, you'll be accompanied by a Prince and a company."

I raised my eyebrows at her sudden remark. "A prince huh? What kind of prince?" I can't help but put annoyance in my tone. I know I can have attitude problems at times but hey, I never claimed to be a saint don't forget that.

"He-," I cut her off, "Ohh I forgot, I don't care and I'm not accepting this task."

"You can't," she pauses for a while and looked at me with a stern face, "and you won't leave the east camp unless you accept the task given to you."

I was completely taken aback, this is completely wrong! This is insane and obviously the fucking heirophant left me with no choice! ARRGH! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW! I can't help but give Sora my deadliest glare because of it.

"What! You can't just do that!" Now where's this freedom she always talks about? This is so unfair!

"Oh, we can and we will young Ashtroy." She said firmly as her eyes rummage through my body.