Chapter 32: Captain Awesome

Song for this chapter: Mean it by Lauv and LANY

Ygritte's POV

I felt the throbbing pain in my head, like a hammer is pounding into it. My body's paralyzed and my breathing hitched. I'm starting to panic when I heard a voice...

"Is she awake? Is she awake?"

"Be quiet Kiza, your mouth is way too loud!"

"Hmp, I wouldn't be like this if you've answered me."

I squinted my eyes to look around only to close it again when I felt the throbbing pain in my head.

A girl squealed and heard her ran, "she's waking up! She's waking up! Let me see! Let me see!"

I felt a hand on my forehead and I slowly opened my eyes to see a very familiar man. His pale blond hair is a mess and his eyes are filled with worry and something more. My eyes went wide and my mouth opened to speak but can't find the words to say. I feel dizzy as I tried to sit up but a gasp had me distracted. I looked to find a young girl with a red hair and with a beautiful pair of vivid green eyes looking at  me behind the man who's face I'm very familiar with.

"W-where am I?" I was even surprised at my croaky voice.

The man gave me a glass of water before answering, "Hey, please don't freak out. I'll explain everything but first, how are you feeling?"

"Getting better, I guess." I answered, I saw the girl is still peaking at me behind him.

"That's Kiza, she's my sister."

He said as if he just knew what I was thinking of. I did find it odd to see the differences between the two of them but I held my tongue before I could say anything.

I let out a small smile, "Hello, Kiza. My name is Ygritte." I said as I extended my hand to hers.

She looked at my hand for a while before grasping it hesitantly with her little ones. I smiled warmly at her sensing a calm feeling in her.

"Hello," she said shyly. She looked at him and he just nodded at her before she glanced at me again and ran outside. I stood up and prepared myself to go when he looked at me in confusion.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he helped me on my feet.

"I better get going," I said but then I also remembered that I've got no place to go.

I gritted my teeth at the thought as I tried to stop my tears from leaking. Maybe I could just plan something on the road. Maybe I could start a new one on a place where no one knew me. But then that would be ridiculous, time is running out. The Dark King and the Seven High Kings are in uproar, the last Battle will come and it will seal the history of all the races. Everything will come to an end, and there's no place for me to hide anymore.

Nothing and no one can ever protect me but myself. I knew by this moment I have to fight my way in to survive. I'm not stupid to fall on my selfishness just because I got hurt. One wrong move and we'll all be dead by sunrise for all I know.

But who was I kidding? I felt my tears ran like waters from a silent stream. They seemed to have a mind on their own. I didn't sob, I didn't wailed. They just fell as I stared outside the window - succumbed and drowning in darkness.

I remembered yesterday's events. How I knew I was the Long lost daughter of the man who threatened the lives of each races. How I knew that my comrades and my mate left me dying on the woods of Crossbane. How Lycurgus managed to claim another woman to be his Queen when I was there - battered, tortured and nearly dying.