Chapter 26: Rocking with a Troll

A/N:

Hello everyone! Sorry for barging in again, lmao. So I had some changes in the last chapter, well - not too much. It was just all about Kaspar and forgive me if I kind of confused you with military ranking (never been involve in such things like this so I'm sorry for being so freaking stupid!) HAHAHA ! Enjoy reading! ❤

*  *  *  *   *

Ygritte's POV

"Are we there yet?" I asked as I poked my head out to a small window frame where I can see Orville. I tapped my fingers on my lap boringly. Lycurgus is fast asleep in my lap snoring softly, well I actually forced him to since he didn't got any sleep in Porphyria. I still need to punish him for that. My poor man.

"Nope," Orville answered not even glancing at me. He seemed to be bothered by the looks of him but just kept his face stoned and focused on the road. I sighed again. Yoshaka as well as the others is also looking outside as if everything was just claded in black and white

Moris isn't here with us, before we could even start our journey Broun and Savina showed up. They didn't utter a single word and just waited for their master. We never really knew where they are now but Moris said we'll be seeing each other soon.

"Are we there yet?" I asks again. Dang, I'm  gonna die from boredom and for not taking a bath. I knew it was such a bad idea, but I can't risk being caught in that kind of... well, clothing.

Orville sighed pinching his nose bridge before answering, "no dove. You've been asking the same thing for an hour now. The Keep is close by now but you really need to stop asking the same question over and over again!"

I grunted heavily as I scowled at him. We've been traveling for hours now and we've reached the Plains of Lorendale an hour ago. After the desert of death or whatever you call it we're now in the midst of the plains with nothing but rocks and still got no sight of that freaking keep.

The Plains of Lorendale is filled with lustrous wild flowers on the ground. It is wide and open as it calls for the adventurous to seek it's beauty.  Nevertheless, aside from its beauty there are also monsters lurking behind, finding their own place where they could play and hunt.

I was about to ask again when I thought I saw tiny little green beings on the roads, not too far from us - goblins. Nobody seemed to care about their existence and I deemed them to be harmless too.

But they're not just any other goblins but fire goblins. I watched them play at rocks and worshipped the sun, swaying their hips and oddly I found myself smiling. I know they're not the cutest thing to be found amusing but for me it is!

Goblins always travels in company. Haven't seen one in a while now and I just found a company of goblins playing in the rocks more like five or six of them. The five were adults and the other is still a wee baby clinging to his mother.  They have this green skin, pointy ears and nose. Most of the goblins have piercing in their ears indicating that they have a higher rank than the ordinary ones. The ones who are also in the higher rank has a staff but it wasn't just your ordinary staff they're made of bones. They often attack those who comes near them. What can I say? They are monsters.

But what caught my sight is the light they have in their eyes and the words they keep on chanting. I closed my eyes as I blink rapidly so that I'll know my mind's not playing games with me. My breathing went ragged as my mind got clouded with their voices. It was the same thing.

Intruders ! Intruders !

I can feel their pain, agony and anger. Somehow I want to reach out to them, telling them that there's no need to fear us nor anything. Not long after I saw the company doubled as series of sprites went attacking them. The other goblins shoved the mother with her son away from the battle speaking in gibberish. The sprites played with the remaining goblins and I watched how they smashed the goblins heads, making the goblins brain smashed into pieces. It was quite a very common thing between these monsters who lurks in these plains. For them, survival is everything.