Chapter 46: Unforgiving Bargain

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

I woke up to the pounding pain in my head like something hit me. I gritted my teeth only to be annoyed at the fact that they had me gagged with a cloth. And if it wasn't enough, another cloth is tied to my mouth to make sure it stays in place.  To make the situation worst they also tied a cloth around my eyes, preventing my sight. I moved around and tried to feel my surroundings.

I mentally cursed when they took my daggers. He sure do knows my capabilities are as a thief.

Variel. My brother. What a pleasant surprise of his unexpected appearance. For him to change his appearance is already beyond me. I doubt Kaspar even had a clue that it was Variel himself and not some random Lord of the Summer court. He clearly outdid himself this time.

But I wasn't the same old timid, shy little sister he once knew. If only I could get this ropes out from my hand, I'll make sure to beat his face like an orange pulp.

And then suddenly I have remembered, a small blade embedded at my back near the lace of my knickers. It was only a small customized knife, smaller than a dagger. I made fun to make but saved my life several times. It was secured by a garter. I mentally prayed they haven't seen it.

My hand sneakily moved near the lace of my knickers. I moved my back and felt the sharpness of the blade sheering through the silk. I fought the urge to hiss when I felt the blade cut through my skin.

As if on cue, I heard a pair of footsteps coming towards me just as the blade fell into my hands. But it only meant one thing, no doors. Where could I be? What happened? How many days had passed?

All of my random thoughts went out the window when I heard his menacing voice, almost amused. I almost shivered in disgust at how he made it soft.

"Did you had a nice sleep, my dear sister?"

My fists balled up in annoyance. He's just so cocky.

"You can't talk? That's a shame."

I clearly didn't know if he's trying to be sarcastic or he's just a complete idiot.

"Ten years, can you imagine that? You fled Llwellyn with your so called lover ten years ago. You chose him over your own father who loved you dearly. And to think even after your betrayal and traitorous act he is still adamant to see you."

My heart stopped. He still wanted to see me? Even as much as he knew I will be coming after him. My mind is confused and my heart is with mixed feelings rolling like a cartwheel. I hated him for what he had done, for causing the world such trouble and ending the lives of the young ones. But he's still my father.

"And here I thought, my devil of a little brother was on my side only for me to find out he has you hidden from one of his camps filled with thieves for almost a decade. He's a clever one I'd give him that. At first, I thought things are already coming my way. With you out of the palace like we'd just planned. You hear me, my dear sister?"