Chapter 11: Shattered, Scattered

Ygritte's POV

Ygritte's POV

"Years have passed Porph. They're never coming back." Morphy retorted without remorse. I can't believe my eyes as I saw Porphy broke down crying helplessly. Mourning as my heart ached for her and for those who have perished.

"Tell me, atleast...how did they die?" Porphy with her quivering lips as she reached for her chest as if she could squished her now broken heart.

I crouched silently, trying to prepare my heart for the upcoming dreadful answer. My mouth is itching to talk, it demands for a specific explanation, details to be exact. I really can't understand why Morphy's doing this to her own sister.

"Explosion. They've been destroyed before my very eyes."

A gasped left my lips and my heart stopped beating for a second. As if everything stopped, Morphy's face held nothing but pure sadness and seething anger then to a calm sadistic but serious expression.

I am currently terrified of the things around me. Crossbane isn't as safe as before. We we're once protected from the outside world with these large Kilian trees as our walls but now I don't think that heights can even help secure a place right anymore. When it comes to power and might we are definitely at the least of it.

"I don't even care anymore. I'll have revenge." And with that off she went to the path which brought me to a panic state. Porphy doesn't matter anymore, what matters most is the story behind that stupid stunt.

But nonetheless, now's not the time. I must be prepared. And I might just know what to do.

Sneakily, I ran back to the camp passing a pityful guy who's sitting on the table, someone of whom I really can't face right now.

As sweats started dripping from my face, my breathing went ragged but I went on. My mind is extremely focused on one thing. Eyes were on me as I run like a maniac in the camp.

I ran to the Amber Ghoul, an alchemy room, where I thought he will be. Upon arriving I saw variety of creatures lurking in every corner. Some are mixing herbs making potions. Some are buying and collecting products whereas others are just bystanders. I saw Aywin Biren the mage at the center of the room, she's a dokkalfar and she's the head of the alchemy room.

"Good day Lady Aywin, do you by chance, has seen Mr. Boris around? I am in need of his assistance." I asked diligently.

"Oh dear, you've missed him already. He left just a while ago." She answered tucking her loose hair in her ear as she give me a kind smile.

He can't be gone by now! I need him!

"Do you have any ideas of where he might be?" I asked a little more slowly than nesscesary.

"I think he must be on his way to the Grotto Shadows by now. I heard he's on a hunt."

And with that, thanking Aywin, I got up and prepared myself but before I could even start walking I heard her laughing which caused me to look back at her.