Chasing Cars~ Snow Patrol

Start from the beginning

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

There was silence for a few minutes. Dan stopped crying, but Phil didn't leave. He could hear Dan's breath shake each time he breathed. Phil wasn't going anywhere until Dan was completely fine. He knew that for certain.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

"You don't think we're wasting our time?" Dan was the first one to speak, his voice was as shaky as his breath.
"Of course not. Who cares if people think we should get married. We'll get married when we want to get married," Phil reassured him.
"I feel like I'm holding you back. Don't you want to be with someone who wants the same thing as you?" Dan whispered, Phil frowned.
"Dan, I don't know if this occurred to you, but the thing I want isn't marriage, it's you. I don't want to get married at all if it's not with you. I'll just wait for that day to come, I don't mind. And if it doesn't, that's fine, too."

"Really?" Dan whispered, he grabbed Phil's hand and started to play with his fingers.
"Really."

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

It was a half an hour later and they were still laying there, Phil just didn't want to move. Dan still felt like he was in Phil's way, blocking his plans for the day. In reality, Phil had nothing to do today. If he had made a checklist it would have simply said, spend time with Dan. He was more than happy than to sit there with his boyfriend.

"Are you sure you don't want to get up, 'cause I'm fine now," Dan looked up at Phil.
"Nothing could be better than this," Phil pecked him on the lips.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

Dan smiled at Phil's words. Dan didn't know if Phil knew how happy he made Dan. It was like he knew what Dan was thinking. It was like he knew Dan felt like a nuisance, and he knew exactly what to say to deny the thought.

"I don't want to be with anyone else but you either, Phil," Dan whispered, cuddling closer. Phil smiled, feeling the same feelings Dan did.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

An hour later and they were in the same spots. They had a video to film, and another one to edit, but neither of them cared. They were so happy sitting here, they didn't care about YouTube at the moment.

They could've gotten five million more subscribers in their channels and it still wouldn't make them as happy as they were right now. Truthfully, right now, they didn't care about anything other than this moment.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Someone could've walked into their room right now and told them to get married and the only words that would come to Dan's mouth would be, fuck off. Dan didn't know how many more times he could say I love you to Phil to express how much he loved this man.

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

"Phil?" Dan backed up and looked into Phil's blue eyes. The same eyes that he fell in love with the day they met his brown ones. The same eyes that fell in love with his brown ones the day they met.
"Mm?" Phil smiled at Dan.

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

"I'm not ready to get married now, but I think that next year, I will be," Dan felt happy as he let the words out.
"Yeah?" Phil asked.
"I think so."
"I'll be sure to ask, I've had your ring picked out for a few years now," Phil smiled, Dan did too.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Dan may have commitment issues, but that didn't matter to Phil. Phil wanted one thing from Dan. He didn't want marriage, or money, or sex (although it was a plus), or children. The only thing Phil wanted from Dan was love.

He realized, as Dan nuzzled closer to his chest, he already had what he seeded right in front of him. Love.

—————————

Thank you moonlight-luna for the idea of this chapter!!