When I hear a knock I run downstairs and open the door to Makayla holding a makeup bag. Oh no... no no no...

" I'm here to make you pretty for your dateeeee. Not that you aren't already naturally gifted though. It's like you were made to be a queen or something. " If only she knew.

" Haha yeah, about that, please no makeup. I just don't like stuff on my face. " I say as we walk up the stairs.

She looks towards me with a disapproving look, " Even if it's a little, it's your first date with Sean, so I'm at least putting something on you. "

" No way, besides I wanted you here for advice with clothing not makeup. " I rolled my eyes at her and opened the door to my room.

" I like your room, nice style. " she looks around with approval.

" Thanks I guess. " I laugh and walk towards my closet.

Makayla walks over to my closet and throws some outfits and things that she think would work together and put together multiple outfits. There was a maroon dress that went up just above my knees, was sleeveless, and had a bit of a turtleneck. It's a beautiful dress, and then the second choice. It was a dress I didn't even know I had, but as soon as I see it I know why.

It was my mother's.

I take it from off of my bed and examine it, it's a black dress with a blue flower shown on the top and was long sleeved.

I pick the maroon because it's my favorite color, and I could never see myself wearing my moms dress on a date. Not tonight at least.

" I pick the maroon dress. " I point to her and hug her. It was 5:15 so I was going to get ready a little bit before Sean arrived. We head downstairs and she grabs her purse and makeup bag, that she didn't use, and says " Well text me when you get home, or if you end up staying the night at his place. " she winked at me and walked out. My mouth hung open at her statement and I felt my face grow red. Dang it.

I head upstairs and take a shower. Once I'm done, I wrap myself in a towel and look at myself in the mirror. I've felt different ever since I found out I had a mate and that they were real. I don't look any differently though. Same blue eyes, same light brown, wavy hair.
I don't have very noticeable freckles, but if you look a little close to my face, I have freckles surrounding my eyes. I also have a vein in my left eye in the exact shape of a check. My dad used to say I was " checked off ".

I look at the bruise on my arm that's still there and start freaking out... I'm surprised Sean hasn't seen it yet! I can't wear a sleeveless dress! I might just have to wear the black one. I can't let Sean see this.

I walk quickly to my room and pick up my phone and read the time: 5:30pm

Less than an hour to go! I sit in front of my mirror on my dresser and braid my hair. I'll take it out when Sean comes over, my hair looks best fresh out of the braid. It gets super curly, wavy, and amazing.

I get up from my dresser and take out my mother's black dress. I go into my jewelry box and pick out my favorite necklace. It's a Golden Rose necklace, and so happens to be my favorite flower. I lay it on the dress on my bed and go downstairs to grab a little snack before I leave in a little bit.

When my uncle gets Wendy's chili, he gives the crackers to me, or just lays them on the counter in the kitchen for me, because he knows I love them. I grab the crackers and choose to only get two. Meaning four basically. One pack comes with two crackers.