I laugh at her response and type my own.

Me: No shovel needed.

I realized how horrible of a friend I am! I haven't told her about Sean yet! I got to tell her first. I erased that message before I sent it and wrote a new one.

Me: Guess who likes me? You'll never guess.

As soon as I sent the text my phone starts uncontrollably buzzing. I check the caller ID and sure enough I mentally prepare for impact.

" Omg Jessica!! When did that happen?! " she screamed into the phone. I held it away from my ear and scrunched up my face. I don't wanna hear her actually scream. Aliens will hear her from outer space.

" Yesterdayyyy... " I feel a smile creep up my face and I start thinking about our kiss.

" And also.. there's more. " I brace for impact again.. I'm holding the phone away from my ear again.

" More?! Details. Now. "

" We kissed yesterday. " another impact... wait here's a test. Let's see if I don't even put her on speaker phone and I'll put my phone on my desk and back away, if I can still hear her screaming.

" What?! " yep I heard her loud and clear, at least she didn't yell in my ear this time.

I walk up to my desk again and put the phone up to my ear and look out the window. It's still really pretty outside.

" Yeah, I met his little brother, he's so cute. He even started flirting with me. "

" Ah, I wonder where he gets his charm from. "

" I don't see it. " I say with a straight face.

We both burst out laughing, of course I see where he gets it. I wonder what his dads like...

" Okay so what did you need help with? " she asked

" He said he's going to pick me up at my house for a date. "

" Are you two a thing now?! Did he ask you out?? " she asks excitedly.

" I think so..? I don't know. Maybe this date will clear my worries. " I say frowning.

" Do I hear a frown? No frowning. What time is he coming over? "

" At 6. " I say glancing at the clock. I need to start shopping more, I barley have any clothing. I know most teens just say they have no clothes when they have a closet full but if you saw my closet, trust me. It's different.

" Don't worry your hero is coming! " she hung up the phone and I assumed she meant now so I cleaned my room a little bit and waited for her to come over.

My uncle pulled up in the driveway and I sighed flopping down on my bed. I just hope when Makayla comes over he isn't rude. I don't need him to cause a scene.

I hear him walk through the house until he goes into his bedroom and shuts the door. Okay then, at least he's disappearing for her arrival. Makayla doesn't live far so when she says she's coming, she'll be here in 5 minutes.