71: Month Three

"Are you going to go get her from her room?" Bum asked Sangwoo as he helped him tie his tie.

"Have you ever been to a wedding?" Sangwoo chuckled and backed away from Bum. "You aren't supposed to see each other before the wedding on the actual day. That's why we've been staying in a hotel."

"I thought that was because the wedding was in the ballroom here?" Bum struggled to loosen the tie. It felt like a noose around his neck and he had had enough nooses on his life. But as he finally got it looser, he realized that the choking feeling hadn't left him.

I can't believe I'm fucking sitting here with Sangwoo as he is about to get married. This should have been me. I deserved it. I needed it. And that bitch took it from me. Maybe... Maybe I could have had a chance if she hadn't been a fuck up and gotten pregnant.

Bum fumed so hard as he stood there that Sangwoo had to tap his face to bring him back to reality.

"Hey, look sharp. As my best man, you've got to be up in the front row. People won't like it if you look like you're about to implode."

Bum scowled and Sangwoo punched him in the gut.

"Can't you be happy for me?" He gave him a very particular crazy look. "I'm fucking living my dream here. Put a fuckin' smile on your face for me. Can't you even do that?"

"Y-yes." Bum presented his pitiful and large smile.

"Seriously." He shook his head and gazed at himself in the mirror. "Well, I'm ready."

At the same time, you were sitting in your private hotel room, getting your hair and make-up finished by a team of professionals. After all, this wedding was a bigger event than you had thought it would be. Practically anyone who knew Sangwoo was coming, including the police force. They had been the most excited that their ship had set sail and you had taken the place of the "pale, sickly looking kid". And you did so happily. You were so ready to get married that you felt the nervous anticipation in your stomach. At three month along, you were just starting to show some semblance of a pregnancy and never had you been so glad that your wedding dress was an empire waist.

"You ready, sweetheart?" The make-up artist asked as she put on the final touches.

"Yes." You nodded.

As you walked downstairs, you recited your vows in your head. You and Sangwoo had chosen to write your own, so you would each be surprised.

As the door opened ahead of you, the music began to play. A short concerto was played by the string quartet that Sangwoo had gotten to play. Friends of his, naturally.

As you looked forward at Sangwoo, you smiled. He placed his face in his hands and turned away, crouching down. You paused for a moment, until he finally stood back up and looked at you. He had already burst into tears.

"Awww" The audience collectively swooned.

"Oh my God, you are so beautiful. So perfect. I jut want to marry you right now." He whispered as he wiped his eyes and held your hands.

"Attention, please. Today we are here to unite Goo Gi-ae and Oh Sangwoo. They have chosen to recite their own vows. Who would like to begin?" The officiator asked.

"I think it's best that I do." You giggled, causing the rest of the crowd to laugh as well. "Sangwoo. My king. You have taken care of me more than I have ever asked for. Although we may have only been reunited recently, I will go through the embarrassment of telling you that I have always loved you. You were my best friend when I had no other friends and you have always been here for me when I needed you. You've protected me from the world when I needed it most. And as we take the next steps in our life together, I can only beg you to keep taking care of me and anyone else who might come along. Don't cry, Sang."

"I'm... I'm not-t." He snuffled and the audience swooned. "Oh God, alright, let me try and get this out without losing it. Gi-ae, I love you so fu-- incredibly much. I love you, I love you, I love you. There's no one else out there for me. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I will not only promise to take care of you, but to spoil you and love you and adore you until you can't... t-take--" He paused to start weeping and you hugged him. "Just say yes, my princess. Marry me, please, I'm begging you."

"You don't have to beg me. I will gladly marry you." You whispered as Sangwoo's lip connected with yours.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may just... keep kissing!"