47: Get to Work

As you woke up, you felt a panic rise in your throat. It took you a few moments to remember all the events that had transpired. A sadness formed on your face, but you quickly cleared it away. Today was a new day for you. Your first job in your first home alone.

It was around eight in the morning; you hoped it wasn't too late to start the day. You grabbed an old-looking dress and slipped it on. As you dug through the bag of toiletries that were gifted to you, you found a tooth brush and tooth paste as well as a brush for your hair.

It didn't take you long to get ready, but it was so uncomfortably quiet. And the bathroom was still pretty disgusting.

As you walked downstairs you ran into your landlady.

"Oh, I was just going to see if you were up, dear. I think your time is going to be best spent today cleaning your own living arraignments up. If you finish that up early, you can wash the outside of the windows, sweep and vacuum all of the hallways, mow the lawn, weed the garden, disinfect the doorknobs and light switches that you see and then come see me. "

Your head was spinning with the amount of instructions so you simply nodded. The landlady smiled, patted your shoulder and continued on her day.

Marching down to the utility closet to gather everything you would need to clean your room.

Hmm. Definitely bleach. Disinfectant. Spot machine? Sure. Vacuum... rags...

You tried to gather everything you would need in one go, but it was clearly going to take at least two trips. Once you finally got everything upstairs, you began working on what would be at least an all day problem. As you cleaned, you became lost in thought. Where am I going to get food? How long am I going to stay here? What's Sangwoo doing?

Sangwoo was doing... nothing. He wandered around the house in silence, unable to be moved to conversation by a very happy Bum. It felt like something had been torn out of him. He called in sick to work, he stopped eating, stopped sleeping in his room. He just... existed. He couldn't reconcile what had happened in his mind.

"I mean, she never disobeyed me like that before, you know? I loved her so much. I still love her. Throwing her engagement ring on the ground? Leaving? It's just... so unplanned. I'm going to have to call of the party, you know? Like... Is she going to come back yet? There's no way she can live out there..." I made sure of that. Sangwoo droned on and on to Bum.

And yes, he knew. He knew all about it, because Sangwoo just laid on the couch and said this kind of stuff all day.

"M-Maybe going to work would get your mind off of her?"

"Oh yeah, go to work where everyone's going to congratulates me on the engagement and ask me about her. What do I say then? I hit her and she ran away?"

Well that would be the truth... Bum thought as he sighed. Why isn't he out looking for her? I thought he'd be tearing the city apart.