19: The Whole Family Goes Shopping

"Are you still dressed, Gi-ae?" Sangwoo let himself into your room.

"Yes, Sang! I'm just reading. What's up?" You put your book down and looked up at him.

"We're going shopping."

"...Isn't it late, Sang?" You were concerned. You had never been out to the store at this hour.

"We're taking Bum."

"Really?!" You asked, excited. You enjoyed spending time with your whole family.

"Yes. He'll wear the clothes we brought him and go on his crutches. You can pick out some new clothes."

As soon as it was settled, everyone went out to the car. There was an air of excitement, even though you were going when it was basically empty.

"Can we look at dresses?" You asked.

"Yes, Gi-ae." Sangwoo responded.

"Can we look at shirts?"

"Yes, Gi-ae."

"Can we look a--"

"Anything you want, Gi-ae. We can look at anything you want. Bum and I are getting sweaters, so we'll do that first."

"Will that take a long time?"

"Not really. But I'll grab you a drink from the cafe if you want. I could go for chai latte. What would you like?"

"White chocolate hot chocolate." You stated definitely.

"They never have that, you know? Would regular hot cocoa work?"

"If I must accept such a lowly drink," You said dramatically from the back seat.

"Would you like a drink, Bum?" Sangwoo asked.

"N-no. I'm okay." Bum responded.

"Alright. Well we're almost there."

As Sangwoo pulled into the parking lot, he noticed a pleasant lack of cars in the lot. He opened your door for you and helped you out of the car.

It was going to be a fun outing for you. The first stop was the cafe, which did indeed have white chocolate hot chocolate. This left you pleased for all the time that Sangwoo ended up looking at clothes.

As Sangwoo looked through the men's clothes, you stood next to Bum and attempted conversation.

"What kind of clothes do you like?"

"I-I don't care much."

"Do you have a color that you like?"

"N-no."

"Do you care about the fabric?"

"Not really."

"SANG!" You called out. Bum wasn't being very talkative, and you were more than happy to have Sangwoo make him talk to you.

"No! Uh, I just never really bought my own clothes. I don't know what my preferences are."

"Oh, alright. I guess that makes sense. I like all kinds of clothes, but I know if I like it or not."

Sangwoo finally showed up in response to your call.

"Yes, Gi-ae?" He asked as he eyed Bum suspiciously

"Did you find anything?" You asked seamlessly.

"Yes, but both Bum and I need to try them on."

"Can I come?" You asked innocently.

"Nah, it's a male-only dressing room." He noticed you pouting and adjusted his attitude. "I'll show you if I like it. Why don't you go look for some clothes too?"

"Alright!" You responded as you found your way to the female section.

The rest of the evening was spent joyfully, with you and Sangwoo both trying on clothes and showing each other.

"This one?" You asked as you modeled it. A plain yellow dress with sunflowers.

 "It's alright. Next one."

"How about this?" This time it was an oversized, pink, fuzzy sweater.

"I like that pretty well. We'll get that."

"Yay! One more." This was the fun one.

As you stepped out, Sangwoo's face turned red and he covered his open mouth with his hand.

"We... we have to get this one." He murmured.

"I'm so glad you like it Sang!" You giggled at you motioned for Sangwoo to join you in the dressing room.

The joke was on Bum, who was sitting quietly next to Sangwoo. He thought to himself as Sangwoo entered the dressing room... She was... naked.