38: Celebratory Dinner

"I'll be right back with your bibimbap, Gi-ae." Sangwoo said to you as he glanced across the room. He had purposefully sat you and Bum far away, as to not draw attention to the fact you all came together. Then, he strutted across the room to Bum, placing a drink down in front of him.

"I'll finish soon, so just stay here for a bit..." Bum was looking especially depressed, which made Sangwoo worry just a bit. "If you want to use the bathroom, just use the staff bathroom over there." Sangwoo continued. But Bum was ignoring him. And after a few quiet minutes, he turned and left. He was at work after all.

As a few minutes passed, Bum continued to push down on his wrist. He hated being alive right now. Existence was pain for him. Coworkers of Sangwoo kept walking up to you and introducing themselves, congratulating you on the engagement and asking asking to see your ring.

That should have been me. Bum thought psychotically. That would never have been him, truly, and this was for a myriad of reasons.

First, gay marriage wasn't legal in South Korea yet, unfortunately.

Second, Sangwoo would likely never be in a public relationship with another man, especially a man like Yoon Bum.

Third, Sangwoo loved you way more than Bum could even comprehend.

Fourth, Bum would never have asked Sangwoo, so Sangwoo would have had to ask him.

Fifth, number four would never have happened, even in Bum's wildest dreams.

Sixth, Bum wouldn't have made Sangwoo introduce him to his coworkers, so he would never have been in this situation even if he had gotten engaged to Sangwoo.

Seventh, you would have had the guts to protest such an event, whereas Bum couldn't say shit.

Eighth, showing off someone as cute as you was much more appealing to Sangwoo than showing off some scrawny boy like Bum.

Ninth, Bum hadn't known Sangwoo as long as you had, so the timeline was all wrong anyway.

And finally, tenth, you would have killed Bum first. After all, you were only waiting until Sangwoo was done with him. Bum was an annoyance right now, but he wasn't interfering with your plans. So he'd stay alive for now.

As you looked over at Bum, you noticed he wasn't there. Hmm. Hope he doesn't come back. You thought nonchalantly as you ate the delicious vegetarian meal in front of you.

"Did you see Bum go anywhere, Gi-ae, dear?" Sangwoo appeared behind you with a chocolate milk. It was just what you wanted.

"Nope! Everyone keeps coming up to me and saying congratulations on our engagement, so I'm not paying attention to him. He's all gloomy. He hasn't even told me congratulations yet, you know."

"Mm. I'll go look for him. Are you almost done? My shift's going to be over soon. My coworkers said they wanted to come over for an engagement party later. Does that work for friends, for you?" He placed his chin on your head. "Will you still marry me?"

You laughed. You had always intended to marry Sangwoo from day one. It was just lucky that he grew into the incredibly attractive young man.

"Yes, Sang, of course!" You giggled and swore when you looked up at your fiance, you could see his heart swell and his eyes soften.

God, I love her so much. I'd do anything she asked me to do.

"Sang? Saaaang?" You tried to snap him out of it.

"Yes, love?" He shook his head and refocused.

"Are you going to get Bum so we can go home? I'm kind of tired..."

"Of course love."

Where did that kid go? Sangwoo thought to himself as he marched away to find Bum.