7: The New Normal

This was the new normal. At least, that was how Sangwoo explained it to you. Just last week, you had witnessed something unprecedented and tonight was going to be something even more new and uncomfortable for you. It started when Bum accidently burned himself. Instead of hurting him, like Sangwoo usually did, he applied ice to the burn and then did something really strange. Right in front of you, Sangwoo sucked the ice cube out of Bum's mouth, making you blush deeply and avert your eyes. It seemed so... lewd. And now today Bum was going to be allowed to sleep in bed with Sangwoo. And you were a little bit bitter. A lot bitter. So bitter in fact, that you weren't going to sleep with Sangwoo tonight and he wasn't even killing someone. So that night you stalked off to your room silently after dinner, laid down and threw the blanket over your head. It wasn't for another hour or so that Sangwoo bothered to show up. He was, after all, molding a new person to be around.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, annoyed.

"I'm sleeping. Go away." You grumped.

"Yeah, sure. Are you sure you don't want to sleep with me tonight?"

"Yes I'm sure. There won't even be enough room for me in bed and you know it."

"Once Bum and I go in there, we're going to shut the door. And you know what that means. You won't be able to just change your mind when you start missing me."

"That's stupid. You're stupid. Just leave me alone."

Unbeknownst to you, Sangwoo's face grew very dark. "Take it back."

"No. I don't want to, so I don't have to."

I'm fucking done with this attitude of hers lately. Sangwoo thought to himself. "Take. It. Back. Now. Gi-ae."

"No. I. Don't. Want. To. So. I. Don't. Have. To."

That was it. Sangwoo missed his clingy little girl and loathed the little monster you were being. He threw the covers off of you, grabbed your hair and lifted you up. Refusing to cry, you looked at him defiantly. Fuck, I was angry but now I'm just turned on, I haven't killed or fucked in so long that I'm feeling edgy. Sangwoo groaned in his head.

"Stop being jealous, Gi-ae, it's ugly."

"Like I even know what jealous means. You think you're so smart using words I don't know, but I won't say I am or not because I don't get tricked that easily!" You had to be careful of your face, not to give anything away.

She doesn't... know? I guess she had no real reason to identify this feeling before. She can't talk to me about it if she doesn't know what it is. Sangwoo continued this deep reasoning for quite awhile, almost forgetting the uncomfortable position you were in. He decided not to punish you. This time.

"Jealous is being mad at someone because they have something, or they're doing something that you want to do but can't."

"My head hurts now, stupid. Maybe I was jealous but now I'm just mad. You hurt me, so I should hurt you too."

"You are hurting me, by calling me stupid."

"Fine. Just leave then, stupid. I'm sure Bum misses you so much he can hardly breathe."

"It's more enjoyable than being called mean names by someone I love, so yes, I will be leaving. I hope you have a better attitude in the morning."

"Thanks for being such a butt-head, stupid!" You yelled at him.

"Thanks for being so understanding," Sangwoo replied, venom dripping off the last words. This argument left you awake all night to just listen to the moans and slurping noises coming from down the hall. They're so rude. I'm trying to sleep here. You weren't really mad at Sangwoo, what you were really mad at was how Bum was treating you. He basically refused to talk to you, hung off of Sangwoo and really was being the main butt-head in the situation. He was being mean and Sangwoo didn't even know. But you wouldn't tell Sangwoo that. After all, Bum was his new best friend.