55: Reconnecting

"Do you want me to tell you what happened before we go in?" You asked quietly.

"No." Sangwoo fell to his knees in front of you and laid his forehead gently against your body. "I just need you. I have needed you. And I needed to tell you how sorry I am. I should have never hurt you. I was embarrassed and ashamed of myself." He wrapped his arms around your waist as you ran your fingers through his hair. His voice quivered as he continued. "And I know I don't deserve you anymore, but I'm absolutely nothing without you. I just wanted to tell you that."

You sighed as he wiped his nose on your stomach.

"I promise I'll treat you right. I'll treat you better than I ever have. You don't have to do anything you don't want. We don't have to get married anymore. I can leave you alone." Sangwoo mumbled the last part, clearly unhappy to even be offering such a solution.

"No... please don't leave me alone. I just want to be home. I missed you, Sang."

Suddenly you were thrust into the air and twirled around. Sangwoo hugged you tightly, more than delighted with the situation. Of course, he was interested in what led to you being at the police station, but that could easily wait.

As he held you up in the air and punched in the house code, he opened the door. Removing both his shoes and yours as well as his jacket, he walked right past Bum and upstairs towards his bedroom. Still holding you tightly, he collapsed onto the bed.

"I love you so much, Gi-ae. Let's just stay in bed for the evening. Just us."

"I think I'd like that."

He released you and began stroking your face and hair. You burrowed your face into his neck and inhaled.

"You always smell so good, Sang."

"That's just because you love me back."

Lightly, you kissed the skin of his neck. Skin prickling, Sangwoo shivered in pleasure.

"I killed Bum's old landlady." You said casually.

"Did you?" He looked at you in surprise.

"Mhm. She found me when I ran away and told me I could live in his old apartment if I helped out around the complex. It was really awful Sang. I am not cut out for work, I tell you." He chuckled at this. You weren't any good at cleaning, but you were good at plenty of other things. "So anyway, the whole week she was so grouchy with me. And she kind of recognized my name, which I was surprised about." Sangwoo wasn't surprised; old people remembered all kinds of stuff that no one else bothered to. "Anyway, it was going alright until her friend showed up and basically confirmed that I was who she thought I was. She didn't say anything to her friend, but I knew it. So like three days later she's yelling at me and just comes into my room. She's all like 'I know who you are! Did that boy kidnap you?' And I was like 'No, what are you talking about?' but she really didn't know that you were just taking care of me, so I just, you know, stabbed her like you do."

Sangwoo was impressed.

"You know, Gi-ae, I think you're a force to be reckoned with. Even I probably underestimate you."

"Yeah, probably." You responded nonchalantly. "Can I have my ring back? It felt weird the whole time not wearing it."

"Yeah! Of course, babe." Sangwoo gave you a huge smile and stood up to retrieve the ring. You also sat up, ready to take off these ugly clothes. As you wiggled out of the dress you had on, Sangwoo turned back around. "Starting the party while my back's turned, eh?" He joked lightly as he walked towards you.

As you stretched your arm out towards him, he slipped your ring back on your finger. As he kissed your hand, he stood up and began getting undressed.

You weren't quite sure what was going to happen, but if it involved a scantily clad Sangwoo, you were in.