22: Forgotten

Ji Eun hung up the phone. She looked worried, so you made a move to reassure her; to reassure yourself.

"Ji Eun, Sangwoo said he'd be coming soon, so don't worry." You chirped sweetly.

"Who said I was worrying? I was just on social media, okay?" It was an obvious lie, but you knew better than to call her out on it.

"Ah, really? Sorry, haha!" You laughed awkwardly. No one was really talking to you, and you were just quietly sipping on the alcohol Ji Eun gave you.

"So, Ji Su, what is Sangwoo's type?" the girl next to Ji Eun asked you.

"I think he likes girls like Ji Eun. Very pretty and stylish." You knew that was what Sangwoo would want you to say. After all, he was trying to take the girl home.

Ji Eun blushed at this, while one of the boys redirected the conversation back to you.

"What is your type, Ji Su?" He teased.

"I think I'd like someone like Sangwoo. He is big, strong and dependable. Of course, I wouldn't want him to look like my brother! That would be weird!" You laughed loudly, the alcohol going to your head.

The group chuckled at you. You were kind of... endearing... in a little sister type of way. Cute, non-imposing and very agreeable. Just as Sangwoo had molded you.

"Speak of the devil. There he is! Sangwoo!" that same guy who asked you your type cheered.

"Did you order already?" Sangwoo asked, happily. The mood however, visibly changed. Sangwoo however, ignored this. "Guys, say hi. This is the guy I was walking about before.

Before long, your head was swimming. Too much alcohol, too much anxiety and too little support from Sangwoo. The conversation was buzzing around you, but all you could hear was the buzzing in your ears. Bit and pieces came through to you, but none of it made any sense.

"...kneecap broken so I can be exempted..."

"Three times bigger!"

"Crazy Turtle, hehe."

"A cute, thin rabbit, haha."

Some scene with Bum trying to go to the bathroom and falling on the fat guy.

 Sangwoo quickly followed him.

Bum returned, and you just kept drinking. Ji Eun was feeding you more and more alcohol, and you couldn't find the words to refuse. The man who had hit on you earlier slid closer to you, putting his arm around where you were sitting. The girls were teasing Bum, but the words floated around in your brain, uninterpreted. Then, silence for just a moment.

Sangwoo returned and asked "Why is everyone so quiet?"

The flurry of words ensued between Ji Eun and Sangwoo.

"Junco later." This was Ji Eun.

"I'm not going..." Sangwoo said this. "Yoon Bum home... Feel bad for leaving him alone..."

"Legs?... Annoying."

"Ji Eun darling is mad~!"

"...Like that... Leaving early?"

"Pouting, Ms. Forehead?"

"Pretty... Makes me want to tease you."

"Good girl." This felt like more than alcohol, but Sangwoo didn't seem to notice. He helped Bum up and began to walk away.

"We'll take Ji Su with us then, is that okay?"

Sangwoo was already out the door with Bum so he just shouted "Yeah, yeah, do whatever you want with Ji Su, what do I care?"