67: Getting to the Hospital

Wooooop, Wooooop, Wee-Wooooop!

"FUCK fucking pigs seriously. Are you okay, babe?" He looked over at you with knitted brows.

You nodded slowly as the officer walked up. It was the partner of Officer Seungbae, the guy who had tasered Sangwoo.

"Ah, hello there Sangwoo. License and registration?"

"Officer please, she's very sick. We're trying to get to the emergency room. Can I just promise you to come by the station later?" He looked at the officer through his glasses.

"Who is... Ah yeah, they said you had that missing girl living with you. Is that a sparkler on her finger? Wow! So I guess you've moved past that weird lookin' guy. Wait til I tell everyone at the station thi--"

A fountain of water erupted from your mouth onto your clothes.

"Oh my God. Seriously, officer we need to go. Here's my license and registration. Please, just hurry up." Sangwoo was not happy. "Babe, are you okay? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Groaning in response, You looked at Sangwoo with tired eyes.

"How... embarrassing..." Your face turned even more red.

"Damn... Don't feel that way, my love. I'm trying my bet to get you to the hospital."

"Ehh, I don't think the chief would like if I held you up any longer. How about you go ahead. Try and stay within the limit though. Good luck and congratulation by the way!" The officer handed back Sangwoo's stuff and returned to his car.

"These goddamn pigs out here wasting time and money pulling me over for speeding what, ten over? Fuckin' nothing better to do." He growled as he resumed driving back.

It was only about fifteen more minutes before you actually got to the hospital and by that time, you were practically asleep. After he parked the car, Sangwoo got out and went around to your side of the car. Reaching in, he gently lifted you out of the car and carried you in to the hospital.

"Hello, insurance card, name and relation please?" The nurse asked as she looked at you. "Unconscious or asleep?"

"Somewhere in between the two. Her name is Goo Gi-ae. She's my fiancé. I'm Oh Sangwoo." He shuffled you in his arms to get his insurance card out.

"Fiancé, eh? Lucky her. Please fill out the forms for her as best you can." The woman checking you in took the pleasure to check him out as well.

"How long is the wait, cutie?" Sangwoo turned on the charm. "I gotta take care of my girl you know. I'm sure your lucky man would do the same for you."

"OH! I, uh, I think maybe five more minutes for you. And uh, I don't have a man. Especially not one like you..." She flushed.

"I'm sure you will, darling. Thank you!" He carried you and the clipboard to the chair. You were still passed out on top of him, but he was more than able to answer all the questions. He had, after all, practically raised you.

It was a little bit longer than five minutes, but eventually a nurse rang out your name and Sangwoo carried you to the examination room.

"Alright, the doctor will be in very soon. I've taken a small blood sample and her vitals, so if she's still asleep when he comes in, that should still be okay. You can set her down on the patient bed."

But he couldn't. He refused to let you go again.