42: Traumatized

"Were you investigating me on your own? Impressive~" Sangwoo clapped for the policeman. "I bet you didn't even get a warrant! That's why you don't have a gun... or a girlfriend." He was just teasing him now.

"What the hell are you talking about..."

"Which means... even if I kill you right now... No-one will suspect me. You poor fool."

Get him, baby. You silently cheered in your hiding spot.

Suddenly there was a crash and screaming.

"GO UP! QUICK!" It was the police officer.

Another crash. Probably Sangwoo.

Now you could hear them a little bit more clearly. They must have come back up to the main floor.

"Excuse me! Why are you going all the way over there? Let's finish this here!" That was Sangwoo. "ARGH! You are quite the pain, sir!! You'll mess up my floor!"

You scowled. You had worked hard on that floor.

Another huge thud and some screeching.

Sangwoo sighed gently.

"You're so mean. You fight like a damn kid."

Sangwoo's steps were heavy. You could hear them clearly.

"BOO!" He yelled and then laughed. "Haha, should I play like a damn kid, too then?

There was another thud. A clatter. A louder thud.

"UGH!" Sangwoo let out a grunt.

"DON'T MOVE!! WHY WOULD YOU USE A KNIFE IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE IT? WITH THIS, I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED! YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO JAIL!"

The floorboards creaked as Sangwoo tried to push himself back up.

You were scared. Very scared. This was scary. What if they take my Sang away from me? What if they kill him? What would I do?! You were hyperventilating, but you couldn't reveal yourself.

"YOU BASTARD!" The cop screamed out. You heard flesh connecting with flesh and hoped it was in Sangwoo's favor.

To you, it was all just thuds, punches and screams, as tears rolled down your face. This wasn't how you wanted this to go. You thought Sangwoo would always win. That's why you chose him. That's why you were going to marry him.

"...some murderer like... YOU!" You jumped when you heard the police officer scream and a crackling noise come with it.

It was over. You knew it. So you laid your head in your lap and waited. You were going to wait until it was safe.

Hours went by. Hours of silence. The police sirens had faded away. Everyone had left. But you couldn't move. You didn't want to move. You wanted Sangwoo to come get you. You scratched at your knees out of anxiety, causing small drips of blood to travel down your thighs and calves.

The next thing you heard was a stranger mumbling downstairs and then commotion from outside.

That commotion quickly came inside and you realized it was Bum and his uncle from the screaming. For the next few minutes it was all too hard to hear until you heard Bum.

"I'M NOT MY MOM!"

There was some mumbles after that and the door shut once again.

And then it was more hours. Hours of silence. You just sat there. You didn't know what was happening. You waited and waited.

Sangwoo will come get me. Sangwoo always wins. Sangwoo wouldn't leave me behind. Sangwoo will protect me. Sangwoo will marry me. Sangwoo loves me. Sangwoo won't go to jail. Sangwoo won't die. Sangwoo will come back. Sangwoo is the best. Sangwoo knows what to do. Sangwoo is the smartest. Sangwoo knows where I am. Sangwoo will know what to do. Sangwoo will make me feel better. Sangwoo will kiss me. Sangwoo hasn't done anything wrong. Sangwoo and I are going to have a family. Sangwoo told me this. Sangwoo said all of this to me. Sangwoo doesn't lie... to me.