Chapter 59

On the next day, Mikey woke up happier than ever. He could still feel his girlfriend cuddling to his body, her hands wrapped around his stomach. He moved up a little, trying to get off the bed. He decided to celebrate this morning by making them both breakfast - omelettes seemed like a wonderful idea. It was one of those quiet mornings that they had only for themselves and he couldn't have been happier. When they'll come back to flat, the boys won't give them much privacy. "Mikey?" He heard Rose saying sleepily, as he started getting dressed. He wanted to leave for a second to knock to Rye's room and borrow some milk; he wasn't sure whether his friend would have enough, knowing his cereal and tea obsession, but it was worth a try.

"I'll visit Rye quickly, I'll be right back beautiful" he said, leaning to the girl and kissing her on the forehead. Rose just smiled lightly, going back to sleep.

The boy walked out of his room and headed to Rye. It was 9AM, but knowing Rye's tendency to wake up early, he knew he wouldn't disturb him. He knocked two times, waiting patiently for his friend to open the door. "Hey mate, do you have some mi.. what has happened with you?" He stopped his question as he looked up from his phone. Rye seemed to be extremely tired, almost ill. "Did you went with Belle somewhere yesterday and got poorly again?"

Rye, hearing the girl's name freaked out a little. The situation from last night was still in his head and didn't seem to want to disappear. The emotions took over their actions, but it still hurt that Belle left him with no explanation. Did he do something wrong? Maybe she doesn't feel what he feels at all? "Rye..." he heard, realising he didn't answer his friend's question.

"I'm tired: didn't sleep well last night" he lied easily. Mikey was the person who knew the most about his and Belle's situation, but this was something the brown haired boy didn't want to share. Maybe he was scared that his friend will agree with all the dark thoughts in his brain. "What's up?" He asked, trying to concentrate on his friend.

Mikey was sure that something was wrong straight away; knowing Rye for too long to believe in his lies. But he didn't want to pressure the boy, believing that if he wanted to talk, he would ask him. Maybe he needed to figure it out in his head first. "Can I borrow some milk?" he started, seeing his friend walking to the kitchen area of his room. "You can put it in a mug, I don't need a lot. Make sure to leave some for yourse.." he stopped, seeing Rye passing him a whole bottle. He didn't even seem to be listening to what Mikey was saying; which made the boy worried. "What about your cereal and tea? Won't you need some?" he asked carefully. Rye was never against milk, despite his diary-free diet.

"I don't want tea" Rye said simply, "and if i get hungry, i'll buy a sandwich in the shops" he added, not really caring about basic needs of his body right now. His mind was too distracted by a certain brown haired girl to worry about anything else. "Remember we go back at 3PM" he said at the end, before closing the door.

Mike stood behind closed doors, shocked at his friend's behaviour. But knowing Rye well, he was also aware that no amount of knocking or asking would get him to speak about what bothered him. Therefore he came back to his own room, meeting Rose. "Did you get the milk baby?" She asked, coming out of the bathroom. "What's wrong?" The next question followed as she saw her boyfriend's worried face.

"Rye acted very weird. I think something has happened yesterday" he said, sharing his assumptions with Rose. The girl just looked at him concerned, asking what made him believe that. "He looked tired. He said he didn't sleep well but I don't know whether I should believe that. He gave me a whole bottle of milk and we all know his obsession with tea." Michael rumbled, "I don't know, it just felt weird. He closed the door not even waiting for me to leave straight after.

"You're such a great friend Mikey" Rose started, "but you may be overthinking this a little bit" she stated calmly. "He was at a party yesterday, he has a right to look a bit rough, especially when him and Belle stayed the longest. When you're hangover, you're not in a mood, even for tea" she said, trying to be optimistic about the situation. Maybe Rye is just the grumpy type of hangover?