Chapter 40

As Annabelle was still standing in the same place, choosing the best snacks for everyone, Ryan run out of the restaurant, heading to the place he was already late for. He hoped there was no more delays with his present and everything was ready - giving someone a birthday gift a day late would be embarrassing.

He walked for good 10 minutes, seeing huge lights of the jewellery shop, brightening the area. He quickly entered it, saying hello to Emma - his all time favourite worker who helped him with choosing his present. "Is everything ready to be picked up?" He asked politely.

"Yes, I'm sure your girlfriend will be amazed by it" she said, misunderstanding the relation between Belle and Rye. She walked in to the workers room to then come out with a little, white luxurious box. She opened it slowly, showing a beautiful, rhodium-plated ring. The silvery colour and a round chaton in the centre with sparkling chatons on either side lightened in the light, making it look even more stunning that when Rye saw it at first. "If that's her first ring and she doesn't want anything too eye-catching, this will be perfect" she said, remembering the long conversation she had with Rye about the best type of the gift.

"Hopefully" he said, taking it into his hand. "It's beautiful" He said as he looked at it closely. He didn't buy anything extremely posh as he still wanted it to be a friend's gift, but he hoped its nice enough Belle will like it.

"Im sorry for the huge delay" girl's voice woken him up from his thoughts. He told her she doesn't need to worry about anything as everything is alright, getting another question straight after, "How are you planning to give it to her?" She asked excited, more like a friend rather than a jewellery shop worker.

"Well, she actually came with me here right now, I just dropped her to a little cafe about 10 minutes away so..." he started, being suddenly cut "That's amazing!" Emma shouted, "there's a beautiful walkway about 15 minutes away. It goes through town centre, it's beautiful there right now- all the lights, music and people set really nice atmosphere." She said, being way too excited for this idea. "If you have time, you should definitely check it out"

Ryan just smiled in response, taking it as a wonderful idea. He thanked the girl once more, paying for the gift and leaving the shop.
—————
At the same time Belle was waiting for her sweet treats, sitting alone by a cute little table. She managed to call everyone to make sure she orders right things, getting inpatient moans from Brooklyn who seemed to be really hungry.

"Hello, um... 3 double chocolate waffles, 2 vanilla, 2 mints and 2 standard with a sour cream. And 4 mini snacks on the go" the worker said, wondering whether he didn't mess up the tables - he expected a huge family, not a single young woman.

"Yeah, that's me. Thank you" she said, getting the bags and putting them next to her. She hoped Ryan will arrive soon as he was out for good 35 minutes. She hopes he didn't forget about her.

However, after couple of seconds, almost as if the boy heard her prayers, he entered the shop. "I'm sorry, it took a bit longer than it should" he said, as they both walked out of the restaurant. Belle convinced him everything was alright as she just got the orders anyway.

"So did you manage to get everything sorted?" She asked, not being able to tell from his face whether he's excited or nervous.

"Um, yeah.." he said, unsure of what to actually say.

"Oh, you don't have to tell me anything!" Belle said, realising her question could sound too nosey. "I just wanted to know if everything's okay"

Ryan just smiled, saying everything is fine. "I'll tell you about it in details, but later on" he added as Belle convinced that he doesn't need to talk about it if he doesn't want to.