Chapter 18

As the sun sinked behind the roof tops, causing its colours to fade from orange to crimson red, 7 young people walked through the city of Los Angeles. Heaven was mourning, blending through the colour of the fading sunset to darkness, highlighting the incredibly of the view. However, the brightness of the lights and laud talks, woken up the world, making everyone energised as ever. Annabelle has been looking around, amazed by the surroundings around her. A laud rumble from someone's stomach, woken her up from her daydream, realising she's so hungry as well.

"Let's go get food, I'm starving" Jack said, placing his hand on his stomach. Everyone agreed, knowing that they haven't eaten anything in about 5 hours. They sat in a cute restaurant, ordering their meal and planning the rest of the day. They decided to just chill outside, going anywhere that seemed interesting.

After their meal, they headed off to the main centre, hearing the music played by the local people, standing on the streets.

"Oh my god" Annabelle said, recognising the melody. Her eyes travelled to Amanda who looked at her in shock, thinking about the same memory. "ELVIS PRESLEY - CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" they both shouted, remembering how they used to sing this song together all the time, ignoring their lack of singing skills. Boys just laughed, knowing the song too, deciding to amuse the town even more.

Mikey took out the vlogging camera, while boys started dancing weirdly, encouraging girls to join them. Annabelle has been pulled by Rye who swirled her around, acting as a professional dancer. Amanda has been in Andy's arms, who didn't let go off her, even for a second. As the melody has changed, implicating the beginning of chorus, boys started walking straight, ready to sing their part.

"TAKE MY HAND, TAKE MY WHOLE LIFE TOO" they sang loudly, raising their hands, encouraging girls to join them. "EVERYONE" Andy shouted in between verses, creating an amazing atmosphere as people stopped their conversations, joining them. "FOR I CAN'T HELP, FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU" they sang as girls joined them, not caring about their bad voices. As the last words were said, Andy looked at Amanda who blushed lightly, smiling at her crush. "YESS, AMERICA" Jack shouted, breaking the moment, making everyone laugh.*

"Told you it's not the end.." Rye whispered into Annabelle's ear, evoking their conversation on the roof. She looked at him confused, but after a while her eyes changed as she remembered his little promise from their first day in LA. She smiled at him, wanting to show her gratefulness of how much her life has improved because of them. Their moment has been broken by the group of girls that asked them all to come on the main stage and sing the full song, once again. They agreed quickly, treating it as a great fun and after a while, they united the whole town together, singing one of the best songs in the universe.

As their last chorus came up again, all the boys involved kneeled in front of a girl that was standing next to them, almost as if they practiced the choreography before. By the look of it, many people who did that were in a relationship, but because Mikey saw Rye and Andy doing it for the girls and Brooklyn kneeling in front of Jack for a joke, he decided to find a pair. He quickly spotted a beautiful girl, who was the one that asked them to sing the full song before. She was standing alone, smiling so he landed on the floor near her, taking her hand and singing, "FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU"

The girl blushed a little, finding the situation adorable. After the song, everyone started clapping and talking with people around them, making new friends. The whole chaos and cheering lasted a good 20 minutes so Mikey had a chance to get to know the girl he sang for. Her name was Rose and she came to Los Angeles for a little holiday from Spain. They had such a good conversation so when Rye came up to Mikey, saying they are heading to their hotel, he wasn't too happy.

As the clocked showed minutes before 10PM, the British group walked back from the town, still being in the best moods they possibly could. Annabelle, remembering how pessimistic she was about Amanda's idea in the morning, planned to apologise to her later, as it was definitely one of the best nights in her whole life. She has never seen a situation where so many people united with each other, and the fact that she was a part of the ones who caused it sent butterflies to her stomach. She made so many new friends, acting as if she knew them for years. Her shyness disappeared completely as the atmosphere boosted up her confidence enough to stop caring about others' opinions. She couldn't take her mind off the most adorable moment, when Rye kneeled near her, causing her heart to pump the blood faster. The way he sang the last words was so beautiful, she couldn't stop staring at him, even though she was sure he didn't truly mean it. This whole day has been perfect and she couldn't wait to get her diary out and reveal all her emotions; this time, only positive ones. Her daydreaming has been broken by Brooklyn who looked at Mikey's arm confused.

"What's that?" He said, pointing at neat numbers written on his arm. However, after a second, he realised what it is, "YOU GOT THIS GIRL'S NUMBER" he shouted suggestively, looking at Mikey, shocked, however happy. Everyone went quiet, boring their eyes onto Mikey and waiting for the gossips. Annabelle knew that Blair would probably kill her, knowing that two of 5 boys found their new potential girlfriends in 3 days without his management, but she couldn't have been happier. Mikey was such an amazing human being and he deserved the world; and even though Annabelle didn't see him talking with this girl, her woman's instinct told her, she's the one who can cause his feelings to boost up.

"Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to meet with Rose again before leaving" Mikey replied, excited for the next days in Los Angeles. Rose told him she stays for another week as she has only came today, so they still had 4 days before he will come back to England. He knew long distance relationships are not the best, but he didn't want to worry about it yet, he just hoped to know Rose a little bit more. Even though, it may be nothing serious, he wanted to take a risk and have some fun.

Everyone walked back to the hotel, gossiping about the night. Amanda has been invited by Annabelle to sleep in the hotel with her, so she wouldn't have to take trains at night. Most of the boys headed back to their room, saying that if anyone still wants to do something as a group, they can easily call each other. However, everyone was sure it would not be the case as all they wanted to do is to watch a movie and go to sleep. Andy went with Amanda to Annabelle's room, trying to say goodbye. He became so attached to this little girl that he didn't want to leave her alone, even if he would see her again next morning. Amanda too, wanted to spend more time with him, chilling on the bed.

"How do you feel about Harry Potter movie night?" She asked while smiling, seeing Andy's eyes lightening with excitement. She looked for Annabelle, who wanting to give them some time alone, went to the bathroom to fix up her hair.

"Do you think Annabelle would be okay with me staying over here?" Andy said, deeply hoping it would be true. The only thing he wanted to do now is to watch his favourite movie with his favourite girl.

"I have a better idea" Amanda smiled cheekily, shouting for Annabelle to come here. She used all her sweetness to encourage her friend to agree for her proposition.

"No, no, no" Annabelle said straight away, seeing how her friend wants to kick her out of her own room. "I'm not going anywhere." She said as she looked at Andy and Amanda again, seeing how connected they were. Her little heart started to melt at that image and remembering how she wanted to apologise to Amanda before, she realised full filling this favour would be the best thing to show she's sorry. She signed, mentally punching herself for this decision. "Okay, okay. Don't look at me like this. I'll do it" she said, looking at the pair in front of her. Amanda just jumped on her, shouting how a wonderful best friend she is, whereas Andy just smiled showing his gratitude too.

Annabelle took her stuff and left the two love birds alone. She headed off to the room in the same corridor, wondering how Rye would act about the idea of her joining him for this night.

*This actually happened in real life, but it without the girls. If you would like to watch it, check RoadtripVlogs on YouTube.