Chapter 9

"SOMEONE HAS SOME NEWS TO TELL" Mikey shouted loudly, looking at Rye as everyone managed to wake up. After Blair left, everybody went back to sleep and woke up 3 hours later. Boys were just sitting in their normal places, while Rye moved back to his bed, assuming Annabelle went to take shower.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he replied, not really wanting to share the information from last night - there was nothing to tell anyway.

"Hmm, maybe about how Annabelle managed to wake up in your bed, when we all clearly saw she was on the sofa when we were going to sleep" Andy said slowly, winking suggestively, waiting for the gossips.

"She couldn't fall asleep so I offered she can sleep in my bed. That's it. End of story." Rye replied, getting annoyed at those stupid assumptions.

"Wait, I swear, I've heard laughs coming from the kitchen at night" Brooklyn said, realising he woke up at night, hearing them both having a good time, but he was too tired to think about it then.

"Awhh, Rye has fallen in love" Jack giggled, finally understanding the situation. Sometimes, because of his love for sleep, he was missing out on many things.

"Mate, I just offered her a tea because we both couldn't sleep." Rye replied, surprised by how far Jack went with his thoughts. "Yeah, we talked a bit and it was so fun, we even watched some videos on my laptop." he stopped, deciding to just tell them everything, "Then she just fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her up so I moved on the sofa." he finished.

"So nothing happened?" Andy asked just in case, looking at Rye in the eye, making sure he doesn't lie.

"Oh my god Fovvs, no" Rye replied, laughing at his friend. He decided not to tell them about the little flirt they had in the kitchen as it happened accidentally.

"So you don't like her in that way?" his thoughts had been ruined by Mikey's question. There was no point of lying to him - they were best friends for so long, Mikey would know when he's not being honest.

"I don't know. She is really nice and I like her, but I think it may be more into the fact, I want to have a girlfriend in general." He said a bit nervously - talking about his feelings wasn't his strong point.

"Yeah, to be honest, it would be cool to have someone like that" Mikey said. All the boys nodded in agreement.

"Oi, by the way, where's Annabelle?" Jack asked, realising he haven't seen her this morning.

"Isn't she in the bathroom?" Rye asked concerned. When he got a negative response, he started to get worried. 'Did she get upset by anything?' he thought. This morning Blair wasn't to nice to her, but it was all jokes so she should understand it. He really hoped it's not because of what happened at night, he wouldn't cope with any problems between them - but she seemed fine with it this morning. He didn't understand.

All the boys checked the flat one more time, but there was no signs of Annabelle. The good thing was all her clothes were still in the same place so she was most likely coming back. However, boys, not knowing what to do, went to Blair's room asking where their trial manager is.

"I have no idea, but I think I could hear someone leaving about 40 minutes ago" Blair replied, "Have you tried to call her?" He asked as he sighed, when he realised no one thought about it before.

Brooklyn quickly took his phone out, trying to call her. Even though, he met Annabelle a week ago, she was like a sister to him so he hoped everything was okay. "Voicemail" he said after a minute, when he didn't get any response. He knew it was too early to panic, she wasn't here only for an hour maximum, but they all decided that if she won't give any signs of life in the next hour, they'll go to look for her.

However there was no need to.

After 10 minutes, the sound of moving door, travelled to the flat. All the boys stood up within seconds checking who came in.

"Hey" they heard a sweet voice, causing them to sign with relief. Annabelle was standing in the doorway, wearing sporty clothes with a water bottle in her hand.

"We thought you decided to leave us" Brooklyn said sadly, but excited 'his sister' came back.

"Brooklyn, I'm sweaty!" Annabelle laughed, while Brooke came to hug her. "And, what are you talking about? I went for a run, I left you a note on the desk" she replied, surprised by how worried boys were. Of course, none of the them thought about checking shelves for any message.

"You're running?" Rye asked interested, trying to hide the fact how blind and overreactive they all were. He, too, thought something was wrong - he would never guess Annabelle is running. 'To be honest, I'm not surprised, she's fit' he added in his thoughts, mentally punching himself for thinking about those things.

"Yes, I used to do it everyday when I was at home" she replied, smiling at how sweet all the boys were. "I'm warning you though, I usually run at around 7AM, but because yesterday I...um... went to sleep later, I couldn't be bothered to wake up so early." she added, blushing a little remembering why she didn't go to sleep until 4 AM. God, she needs to be less innocent sometimes, otherwise she'll change into a tomato one day. Before she got lost in her thoughts again, she decided to leave the boys and start getting ready as it was already 11 PM.

"We're so dumb sometimes" Andy concluded everything that appeared in boys's heads by one sentence. Rye just smacked his face, overthinking the whole situation, almost believing it was his fault.

"Found our note guys" Mikey said suddenly, coming back from their room with a little piece of paper with neat handwriting written on it. "Next time Jack, look where you place your clothes" he added, explaining that their lost paper was lying on the table, under piles of Jack's clothes thrown messily anywhere. As the boys changed the topic of the conversation, concentrating on which of them is most untidy, Mikey walked up to Rye who still stood in the same place. "If I would be you, I would check what's on your cupboard" he said and walked away mysteriously.

Rye just looked at him confused, but decided to listen to his friend and go to the room to check it. As he walked to his bed, his eyes travelled to a note that laid on his cupboard, part of it being underneath his tea cup. It was the same size and colour as the previous one and he had no doubts of who wrote it. He quickly took it out and opened it to see a neat "Thank you" with a little heart drawn next to it. The message was sort and not explained so Rye wasn't sure whether she thanked him for allowing her to sleep on his bed or their last night tea talk, but either way he found it really cute. He turned the paper around, seeing little letters on the side. "I'll be a host next time" he read while smiling. This meant Belle liked their previous night talk and she was happy to do it again. It was her time to cook something for him and if he had to be honest, he couldn't wait for it.

Mikey just observed his friend smiling at the paper, from corner of the room. When found a run note on the table, he saw one on Rye's desk as well, but decided to leave it, knowing it was probably personalised for his friend. Now, as he saw Rye reading it, he had doubts at whether his friend was honest with them about not having feelings for Belle.