Chapter 4

Blair has been sitting in his office interviewing people for the last 2 hours. His fingers were numb from the number of documents he had to sort; his mouth was sore because of the fake smiles he had go give. Everything was just so boring; everyone was the same. Sometimes he felt that people in front of him were 70 years old retires instead of 30 years old professionals. Yes, they most likely would be amazing managers, but they didn't have this enthusiasm and fun, he wanted so much. Maybe Roadtrip boys were seen as adults, but he knew, that mentally they were still about 16 years old and wouldn't cope with someone so serious.

Torn out of his thoughts by the knock on the door, he allowed the person to come in. The last candidate sat quietly in the chair, smiling innocently as if she couldn't believe she was here. She introduced herself politely, not really knowing how to start the conversation. To be honest, Blair was still surprised he allowed her application, not even considering the fact it was his favourite one. This girl, even if young, had everything what other people didn't - passion and enthusiasm.

"I'm aware you probably have seen other candidates and how different they are from you. Why do you think you are here?" he asked curiously, wanting to get to know personality of this girl a bit more.

"To be honest, I have no idea" she laughed loudly and with confidence, acting almost as if she was talking with a friend, not an older manager interviewing her for a job. "At first, I was sure you would just dismiss my application, but to do that, you could just write an email, instead of inviting me here" she added more nervously as her low self-esteem started to kick in.

Blair, seeing how insecure she started to feel, decided to tell her why she is here right now, treating her completely serious. Her body relaxed a little and he could see she regained her confidence, so he started asking more questions. As the minutes passed, Ginger came into the room saying she couldn't miss the most exiting meeting in whole AphaDogManagement* career. By the end of the interview, they both knew Annabelle would be the first person they allow on trial. And they were 100% sure of their decision.

"One more question before we finish. Have you heard of the boys before you applied for an interview?" Blair asked, knowing there was one more point he had to make, no matter how embarrassing it was.

Annabelle leaned back on the chair, while her hands rested on her knee. "Umm, yeah. I am their fan for about 3 months now" she replied, but seeing that the man in front of her did not respond and was just looking at her, she asked "Is there any problem with that?"

"Oh no, of course not. I just need to make sure one rule is clear. Who's your favourite one?" He asked a bit nervously, moving slowly on his chair. Ginger seeing his confusion started giggling quietly, which made the situation even more awkward. Annabelle looked at them, not understanding the situation at all, but decided to answer the question anyway.

"I mean all of them are wonderful. Every single one of them has completely different voice but when they sing together, you can hear the synchrony and connection between them. It all depends on the song, but if I would have to choose..." she stopped for a second, thinking hard about what she wants to say. Blair and Ginger could see her eyebrows moving closely together, emphasising she's not sure what to say, but after a second, her eyes lightened implicating she made a decision. " Yes" she said loudly, almost as if she was agreeing with herself " If I would have to choose, I would pick Rye." She added confidentially.

Blair was surprised by how long this question took her to answer. He was sure that as a fan, she had 'crush' on one of the boys that she liked mostly because of the way he looks. That was his biggest fear, if he had to be honest. That maybe she was only a psycho fan that applied, because she wanted to be close to the boys. However, the fact that she talked only about their voices, completely forgetting their appearance, proved to him that he made a right decision. But before he could add anything else, his girlfriend spoke.

"Basically sweetheart, what Blair wanted to clarify is the extent to which you can be close with the boys" She smiled, looking at Annabelle, but seeing that she still didn't understand her thinking, she added "You can obviously be friends with them, it would actually be really helpful if you all could trust each other, but you see..." she stopped for a bit, organising her thoughts. "You are a young and beautiful girl and Blair is scared that you can get too close with one of the boys and eventually you two could fall in love with each other." She finished.

"Oh" Annabelle added, blushing suddenly. This whole conversation stepped up in its awkwardness within 2 seconds. "You don't need to worry about it" she replied, not really knowing what to say. "I mean..." she stopped again clearing her throat, "I don't think I'm their type anyways" she said the first thing that came to her mind. "Plus, I'm too young for most of them anyway" she quickly added lauder while smiling a little.

Blair, satisfied with her answer, replied, "I know this rule may sound stupid, but it's really important to talk about it as boys already know I want them to concentrate mostly on their career" he moved back on his chair, sitting straight. "Girlfriends are just too much of the distraction"

*AphaDogManagement is the team of all the singers, song writers and music producers that Blair & Roadtrip are part of.