"As for what you asked me," Astar continued, "don't misunderstand. If I were to lose control, it'd be for the rest of the students, not her."

"You're bluffing," she replied.

"Let's stop here," Mr. Ashford intervened. "Let's just be glad we didn't have to waste any lives. As I said, I expect the three of you to leave as soon as possible."

Astar simply extended his arm to me and I held him as composedly as I could. A few seconds later, we were back in my apartment. 

I took a look around. That would most likely be the last time I would find myself in there. I would kind of miss that place. I hadn't been there for too long but that was where a more meaningful way of life had started. That was where I had first met him.

"Why will you come with me?" I asked Astar at a loss.

"Why do you think?"

"Astar, please," I nearly collapsed on my bed, overpowered. At a moment like that, I needed definite answers. I couldn't lose myself in hopes and fears now. I already had too much on my mind.

"Sophia," he sat down next to me and softly touched my cheek with his hand, "have I not made my intentions clear enough?"

Placing his free hand behind me, he leaned forward and brought his face close to mine.

"I care about you," he whispered, "I'll do anything to protect you."

"Astar..." I mumbled, overwhelmed. I didn't know what to say. There were so many things I meant to communicate.

"I wouldn't have let my interest in you show if I hadn't considered all the consequences. Now, I can't be sure how long we have before I get us both into trouble, but know this: I'm coming with you because it's currently your safest option. I'm coming with you because I'm serious about what I started."

Somehow, that made my heart lighter. I had confirmed the strength of his feelings. The only thing left to worry me was something neither of us could change. Namely, fate.

"Now stop begging," he added with a smirk and moved his face even closer – yet, the moment he did, all his previous confidence vanished. His brooding eyes were stuck on my lips and his whole face turned solemn.

For a few moments, his lips lingered against my own, only barely touching them. The sole sensation made my whole body shiver and his beautiful scent was turning me mad. 

For some reason, he seemed hesitant to continue right away. I didn't think it was because he was considering my feelings. No; it was himself he was doubting. Thus, as patiently as I could, I waited for him to take his time and collect his thoughts so that he was absolutely sincere about his actions. I did my best to keep my heart beats under control as I couldn't believe that the man I had longed for and respected for all this time was about to kiss me.

However, the hours I had to wait were – in reality – no more than a couple of seconds. I knew that painfully slow moment was over when I spotted a familiar grin spread across his face. The next moment I was trapped in a domineering embrace and his lips collided with mine. It was so easy to just abandon any logic on the spot and just go all the way.

I eagerly hugged him back and followed the fervent yet measured pace he gave to our kiss. That seemed to arouse him all the more, making him nibble at my bottom lip which he had now caught between his own. I responded by sucking on his own bottom lip, making it clear that I intended to take it further if he wished. 

He only let out a rough chuckle against my mouth and slid his tongue inside. The sudden wetness of it gave me goosebumps causing me to get lightheaded almost instantly, which of course he noticed. I hadn't got a proper sleep and now I was kissing off my last fragment of strength.

When, unexpectedly, I was engulfed by a wave of relaxation and, almost instantly, felt refreshed and energized as if I'd just woken up from a long and comfortable sleep. I had no idea how on earth I could find it in myself to stop, but my surprise was immense to do otherwise. Despite the need to indulge in his enchantment, I reluctantly pulled away to satisfy my curiosity.

"Did you just do something?" I asked gratefully.

"I only gave you the strength to keep kissing me," he grinned and pulled my face closer, a little more forcefully.

This time, his kiss was a lot more demanding, something that gave me the freedom to bring my body closer so that it was one with his own.

He snorted and, with a swift move, pushed me back on the bed. Climbing on top of me, he pinned my hands down. A strand of black hair caressed my cheek and, despite the knots in my stomach, I was reminded of something I meant to ask him for quite some time now. However, just one glance at his face was enough to cast any questions aside for the moment. He didn't look like he wanted to stop anytime soon.

Once more, Astar approached his face to mine. "You haven't given in to your instincts," he whispered disapprovingly.

I simply stretched my neck a little and kissed him, showing him that I had no intention of discussing irrelevant matters at that moment. He smirked in his own, arrogant way, and leaned down to kiss me back. 

A few seconds later, though, he sighed and grudgingly distanced himself. He settled on the side of the bed, wearing a somehow preoccupied expression on his face.

"I suppose you deserve some answers," he said bitterly.

Click the Vote button if you enjoyed the story :)

Thanks!