Chapter Three - Hot Headed.

"So Arty, right?" Marlene kicked her feet up, tucking them underneath herself "What house are you in?" she wondered.

I looked at her through slightly squinted eyes. She looked like a Ravenclaw...Unique looking and looked like she suited the colour blue (That's a solid reason to think someone's from a particular house, right?)

"Gryffindor" I confidently lied after a slight pause, but avoided eye contact.

Wrong move. In the corner of my eye I could see her questioning glare.

"Really? I've never seen you in the common room before?" Her voice changed pitch going slightly higher, sounding genuinely confused, she sunk down further into her seat.

"Oh I-I usually um... keep to myself" I stuttered feeling incredibly stupid and untucked my hair from behind my ears to let it drape over my face.

"Fair enough, I know you're lying" she smirks and offers me some muggle looking sweets. Shaking around the bag until I picked on.

"but I respect you wanting to keep- ah who am I kidding I just don't give a shit enough to care that you lied to me. I don't know you!" She laughed and I felt a blush creep up to my face. She kicked off her shoes and I knew she was there to stay.

Three mumbled songs later from Marlene, a red headed girl pressed her face up to the door motioning for Marlene to come to her, with a begging expression.

"Ah for fuck sake's" Yawned Marlene, dragged herself up groaning and slumping towards the door. She dramatically flipped her mane of hair to the side"You can't apologise for them, Lily" She whisper shouted at the red headed girl, only opening the door enough to fit her nose through the gap.

"I'm not, I want to come sit with you instead. He's trying to hold my hand, again" The ginger haired girl, who I presumed was called Lily sighed.

Marlene suddenly threw open the door and shoved Lily in making her fall onto the seat next to me.

"Sorry" The girl apologised whilst pulling half of herself away from my lap.

Marlene stormed out of the door, one hand on her hip and the other pointing down the hallway "YOU" she screamed like a mandrake, followed by a bunch of giggling boys sounding like they were scrambling over each other to run out of eyesight.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER YOU DESPERATE SKINNY FUCK, SHE DOESN'T WANT YOUR SPERMY HANDS SLIVERING ALL OVER HER!" She screeched, cabins irrupted with laughter through the train. A small smug smile tugging at the sides of her mouth as if she was proud at the reaction she had caused.

"That's enough Miss. McKinnon!" Scolded the familiar voice of Professor Slughorn. Not sounding as surprised as I would have presumed a teacher to react.

Lily went bright red, almost as red as her hair.

"Was that necessary?" she dragged Marlene back inside, hiding herself behind the mane of Marlene's hair.

"Completely necessary Lily, you can't have that weird kid stalking you for yet another year!" she smiled sweetly, returning to her spot opposite me.

"Spermy hands?" I spoke up questioning, finally, a coy smile on my face.

"That boy basically touches himself every time he sees a strand of Lily's hair on an item of his clothing" Marlene laughed pointing towards the passageway as if someone was stood there. She turned her body to face Lily.

"- remember in third year when he actually fainted and had to go to Madam Pomfrey because you hugged him after a Quidditch match?" she turned to Lily and they both started laughing. Lily lightly whacking Marlene's arm.