Chapter EightySix- The Letters.

Monday. Everyone was working accept from me...and Narcissa, who after finding out she took several letters I did not receive, I wanted to see desperately.

I had kept calm about it all weekend. Honestly too preoccupied and entertained to obsess over it, but now all I wanted was to confront her.

She hasn't reached out to me since I rejected her claims that Remus Lupin was a werewolf and though she may be correct, it still hasn't been confirmed. She was remaining as stubborn as ever, but then again so was I; as I haven't contacted her either.

The idea that she had read and obtained some letters that were meant to be delivered to me, as a last resort, devastated me.

I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't have snuck them home for me, especially if she didn't think Remus was a werewolf back then. There is no apparent excuse. Which just made me feel progressively more irritated the more I thought about her keeping those letters from me.

I scrambled through my bedroom draws looking for my address book, where I had the number and postbox that Narcissa had given me to contact her by.

She still lived at Grimmauld place, if she wasn't at Malfoy Manor. Both locations too risky to go to and confront her without warning.

I wondered if those letters had been hidden in the house all along. Simply stuffed at the back of a bookshelf in her room. Collecting dust and crumbling with every new book shoved on the shelf, pushing them back further.

I dialled the number and listened to it ring and ring and ring.

No answer.

I tried four times. Determined to get through. I was about to dial her number again before my house phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"You didn't need to call me more than once, I would have got back to you." Narcissa spoke on the other side, sounding annoyed.

"Well it's rather important." I said, not having much patience for her.

"Go on then." She sighed, having an equal amount of impatience as me.

"I want those letters, my letters and as soon as possible." I demanded.

There was a slight pause on the other side of the phone, before a long exhale of air.

"I can't believe you actually decided to trust your own judgment over mine. They're dangerous, Artemis." Narcissa spoke as if she was my mother.

"At least they're not hiding things from me." I argued.

"Yes they are! I hid some letters. He's hiding the fact he's not human. It's not quiet the same, is it?" She argued back.

"I want those letters, Narcissa." I remained stubborn.

"I don't have them. I'm not at home." She said, I could imagine her raising her eyebrows and placing a hand on her hip defiantly.

"Well go home, get them and bring them to me. I expect to have them delivered by you or owl by this evening. I'm not going to take it lightly if I don't receive them." I said fiercely and then hung up the phone.

My hands were shaking and my chest felt tight. Being so direct and almost aggressive didn't feel natural but it needed to be done. I was entitled to what was mine and those words written to me did not belong to my sister.

I deserved to read at least one. It's the least I deserved.

-

Time went by slowly. Excruciatingly slow. All I did all day was pace back and forth and have imaginary arguments with Narcissa in my head. Practicing my tone and formulating sentences to really show how serious I was about receiving everything that belonged to me. If anyone could see me I'd be sent away for insanity.