Chapter Nine - Loneliest Loners.

REMUS' POV

"I have you know I spent weeks trying to find a charm that reversed the damage to your burnt-out portrait and I have you know I spent months punished for defending your name AND I have you know I spent years locked up inside, unable to go to school and live my own life because of you" Arty spat at Sirius, growing unbelievably pink in the face. I tried grabbing her hands, covered in mash potato to clean but she whacked my hands out the way each time, seeing her smudge the green scribbly ink swirling her name on the front of the envelope with food. 

My heart was thumping in my chest looking at her, understandably her face was filled with anger "All I asked for was just a bit of sympathy and you're too proud to even do that" Her eyes sunk and started glistening with angry tears, her cheeks started turning a blotchy red. She stormed out, padding along the floor a clump of potato falling off of her hands with each strong step.

I turned to face Sirius once Arty finally slipped out of the great hall doors, my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Sirius what was that about?" I calmly asked.

"She's done nothing to you-" Lily spoke up, obviously feeling as sorry for Arty as I did. She took over cleaning the table for me.

"If anything it sounds like she's entirely on your side and you won't even give her a chance" Lily sighed, gaining a groan of frustration from Sirius. 

"She hasn't eaten anything." I mumbled to myself, glancing over at her messy looking plate. 

"I'll bring her up some food later" Lily placed a hand on my arm reassuring me.

"She's probably used to starving, I wouldn't bother." Sirius shrugged shoving yet another huge amount of food into his mouth. Lily looked at him worryingly and then to James and Peter who awkwardly was watching the situation unfold. 

"and that makes it okay because?" she mumbled, not even noticing how James had now crept an arm around her shoulders.

"Pack it in mate" I mouthed at him and he reeled his arm away slowly, with wide eyes.

"I'm not saying it's okay, but she's probably used to the occasional skipped meal at home. Wouldn't be out of the ordinary." He shrugged and rolled his eyes at us, pushing his food around his plate.

"Don't you feel bad at all?" I quirked an eyebrow up, I quickly shoved a bread roll in my pocket. He didn't show a reaction, just carried on eating.

"I should go check on her, right?" I turned to Lily, already I found myself standing up.

"No, leave her alone for now" She sadly smiled and I sat back down, hesitatingly pouring myself another glass of pumpkin juice to get rid of the tight feeling in my throat.

"I don't see why you care so much?" Sirius scoffed, I could see guilt invading his stern looking face, something others found it hard to pick up on other than James and I.

"As much as you don't want to, you need to apologise." I poured him another glass of Pumpkin juice too, to try and keep this conversation civil. His expression softened, watching the juice flow into his glass. 

"I know" He sighed, running his hands through his hair "how was I meant to know she stuck up for me, when I wasn't there to see or hear it?" He sighed, his voice quiet.

"You weren't" I reassured him "But now you do, so you need to find ways to redeem yourself" I smiled softly at him, making sure he didn't seem forced to do something- otherwise he would make sure (even if he wanted to) not to do that something.

BLACK MOON ⍋  Remus Lupinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें