Chapter 125- Cursed.

I slumped against the door that I closed behind me, suddenly bursting into violent tears.

Remus came rushing from the kitchen to me. Straight away holding me without a word.

"Why couldn't I have just come from a normal family? Why couldn't we have just had our own funeral for Regulus?" I sobbed.

"Didn't go well, huh?" Remus said sympathetically, beginning to rub my back in a soothing motion.

"He's going to get himself killed, Remus." I said crying my eyes out.

Remus pulled away from me, guiding my puffy face up to his.

"What do you mean?" He asked in a calm but worried tone.

"Sirius has some conspiracy around Regulus' death, which I agree is very weird but he's looking into things we're not supposed to know." I explained.

"Like...death eater things?" Remus said quietly.

I nodded. Remus sighed.

"Fuck." He sighed.

"And not subtly. He's calling people up asking questions, his flat looks like a crazy person lives there. Evidence of his snooping everywhere!" I said hysterically.

"Yeah, that's not good." Remus pulled away from me and began to pace around the hallway.

He leant in for a quick forehead kiss and instantly went into the kitchen, with speed in his step.

I heard the kettle begin boiling and buttons beginning to be pressed.

"Hi Lily, is James home yet?" I could hear Remus say on the phone.
"No worries, if you could tell him to call me back that would be great. Alright. Yeah I'm okay. She's a bit shaken but- yeah no worries, it's okay he's a newborn! see ya, bye."

I leant against the doorframe that joined the hallway and kitchen. Looking at Remus put down the house phone and begin making me my favourite tea.

A sadness consumed me as the tears began to dry tightly on my cheeks.

"Go sit down babe, you must be so tired." Remus said softly, the sound of the boiled water pouring into my favourite speckled mug.

I didn't move. Just stared forward at the floor in front of me.

Remus carried our mugs over to the dining table. Placing them down and coming back over to me. Resting his hands on either side of my face, wiping off the tear stains with his thumbs.

"Me and the boys will make sure Sirius doesn't do anything stupid. I'm sorry you had to do that alone." He said, planting a lingering kiss to my forehead.

But Sirius already had done something stupid. He had broken into the ministry. He had called up different people looking for any information he could find. He wasn't investigating subtly.

There was a high likelihood he was going to end up exactly like all the others who had attempted to discover and break down the gang that was the death eaters; missing. Presumed dead.

Even ministry workers went missing when they were assigned a death eater case. Everyone assuming they had accessed information that the general public of wizards weren't supposed to know.

There was a high likelihood the death eaters already knew Sirius Black was beginning to obsessively research their existence, which meant he had painted a big bright target on himself.

I couldn't help but listen to the thoughts that shouted in the back of my brain.

I was going to have to light another candle for another family member but now I knew it was coming and I had to wait until I could light the match. The anticipation for a death was worse than being surprised.

I was going to lose another family member, and not by choice. They were all dropping like flies or forbidden to reach out to.

Remus held my hand and guided me over to sit down, handing me the tea he had poured. Which I placed on the table beside me.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, staring into my distanced gaze.

What was on my mind was that I have been constantly disappointed by my family. Whether that's from them being abusive, selfish or simply thoughtless. There was always someone else to fight for before seeing me. The most important thing to Sirius was avenging his brother, not mourning him with me...someone who also lost him. Andromeda left and I never heard from her again. I have never heard the words 'I love you' come from my parents mouths. Bellatrix had to be restrained from me at Hogwarts and pretended I didn't exist, after. Narcissa was the only person who noticed me, yet I couldn't see her and Regulus was dead.

No one blood related to me ever thought about me until it was to say goodbye, and that wasn't always guaranteed.

"I want to get married." I said casually, my eyesight zoning back in from blurry thought.

"What?" Remus said, beginning to slowly sip his tea.

"I don't want to be alone." I said calmly.

"You aren't alone?" He said, reaching out to touch me.

"If Sirius gets carried away with this...I'll have no family left." I said, finally meeting his hazel eyes.

"That won't happen." Remus said confidently.

"And what if it does, Remus?" I said raising an eyebrow at him.

His eyes awkwardly shifted to the hot water in his mug, as he began to shift the teabag around by its string.

"Legally, I've been erased from my family documents. Essentially I've been divorced from them." I sadly laughed trying to disguise the fact that the idea of not belonging anywhere, to any legacy and lineage still didn't hurt.
"Legally, if Sirius dies or simply becomes too dangerous to be around...I have no one."

Remus nodded.

"I don't want to be Artemis Black anymore. It's cursed. It's a cursed surname." I said, my voice laced with disgust.

Before Remus could reply the phone began ringing. He looked at me deeply with an apologetic look before raising himself up from the table and going over to our ringing house phone.

"James, hi." Remus said with a slight sigh. Expecting a call back from him.
"Oh...Sirius, sorry I thought you were James."

Remus shot me a surprised look and I smiled softly at him, only slightly due to sadness. I got up and left the room, the phone being connected to the wall, giving him some privacy.

(Sorry for the filler chapter but it was important. Love ya)