Chapter 110- My Girl.

After lunch and a while of sunbathing, we all put our T-shirts back on again but left our legs out for the sun to kiss.

We suddenly started hearing whooping noises and a couple of Wolf whistles.

We all sat up straight, holding our hands cupped above our eyes to block out the sun and looking straight ahead.

In a small fishing boat a little distance away, was the boys. Who had eventually made it round to our area of the lake.

"Have they got bored already? It's not even four." Lily said, taking a look at her watch that was disregarded on the blanket next to her shorts and socks.

As if they could hear her, James stood up in the boat making it wobble, Sirius and Peter holding onto his legs to stable him; holding up two huge fish.

We all cheered, raising our arms up into the air in celebration at their victory.

"I was kind of looking forward to making them beg for a burger though, not gonna lie." Marlene said.

"What's wrong with you?" Lily laughed.

I was coming to thoroughly enjoy Marlene's sense of humour and bluntness. She very much reminded me of Sirius and I was beginning to understand that whenever I'd interpret her as being rude in the past, was simply just her not understanding what was and wasn't appropriate. It was just a lack of social awareness, in a different way to mine.

"Oh, they're coming over." I mumbled. Crossing my legs and pulling my T-shirt down a bit more.

James sat down, slapping the fish down on the boat floor and began manically helping Sirius row. Remus was at the back of the boat, directing and Peter was at the front.

Within ten minutes they had rowed the boat up to the grassy area and pushed it up slightly onto the edge so that it wouldn't float away.

"Hi ladies." James sung.

"Went for a swim?" Remus asked, nodding to all of our damp stringy hair.

"It's freezing." I laughed.

"But quite refreshing." Marlene added.

"Sounds good." Sirius almost panted, pulling off his top immediately.
"There is no wind in the middle of the lake, it's sweltering!" He complained, jumping out of his jeans.

They all stunk of sweat and fish, which was potent the closer they approached the blanketed area.

"Merlin James, put the fish in the cool bag and do a freezing charm!" Lily pinched her nose.

"Good idea!" James grabbed Lily's (now empty) lunch bag and went back off to the boat.

"Two big ones. Don't really know what they are but we'll definitely have enough to eat tonight." Peter said looking quite proud of himself.

"Well done, Pete." Marlene said, standing up and giving him a friendly slap on the back, going off to have a look at the fish before James stored them away.

At this point Sirius had already casually walked into the water, enjoying each step in as his body cooled down.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Remus.

"Did you have fun?" He repeated.

"I have, yeah." I smiled.

"I have too!" He smiled back.
"I am boiling though." He stretched the neckline of his T-shirt away from his skin in a fanning motion.

"Go have a swim!" I suggested, knowing it definitely worked.

"Only if you come in too." He said.

"I've already gone in!" I laughed and pointed at the damp hair he already commented on.