"You were going to let them go, weren't you?" He spat.

"I would never." She replied coolly.

He slapped her hard, making her gasp and leaving a red mark on her left cheek. I winced at the sound that echoed off the walls. Ow...

"Stop lying, you bitch! Tell me the truth: were you or were you not about to let them go?"

"No, I wasn't going to le--"

Smack!

I shrank as another mark appeared on her face, this time on the other cheek.

"Tell me!"

"I wasn't going to!"

Smack!

"Ah!"

We have to do something! Lorita wrote on her face. I agreed with her-- a rare occurance-- and screamed, "HEY!"

Ethan turned and snarled at me. "What?"

I kicked him in the crotch, making him yelp and crumple a bit, before yanking out of Iris's weak grip and running. I brandished a finger at him once he saw me, sticking out my tongue and dashing as fast as I could away from him.

"H-Hey! You get back here, kid!" He whimpered, beginning to jog after me.

"Catch me if you can, ass-hat!"

"AMELIA!" Roared Lorita. "Enough of this inappropriate behavior! I let you stick up your middle finger, but that was already crossing the line. Now that?! Madam, you are in so much trouble! What would your parents think of their daughter swearing such fowl, colorful language? Goodness, if Friday hears about this, he'd be so shocked he'd have a heart attack!"

Lorita continued to nag me as I typed out a location in America, not sure when or where it was exactly, but as long as it was in America, I thought I'd be fine. Once I was done, I slammed my hand against Lorita's face, making us time travel. I enjoyed the colors of the wormhole, the comfortable ride relaxing my heart a bit. It would have been nicer if Lorita wasn't still scolding me.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Now could you stop?" I hissed, bringing her to my face.

"If you apologize politely, then yes, I'll stop."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, ma'am. It won't happen ever again. I promise."

"Thank you, and I forgive you."

We entered the timeline, on a sidewalk. It was a bright, warm day, and I kept running, avoiding eye contact. I looked down at Lorita. "Where and when are we?"

"Springfield, Illinois, 2016."

"Okay." I looked forward and kept running, determined. I heard a quiet zap behind me, and I knew Ethan was now chasing after me again. However, that only determined me more. As I ran, I saw a boy about my age, maybe slightly older, holding a sleeping falcon in his arms. He had a dirty tunic and ripped up blue jeans, with brown hair and eyes. He had slightly pointy ears, along with a strong build that almost looked elegant and mythical. An old back pack was resting on his back, the straps holding on to his shoulders. I bumped into him and apologized, watching his confusion. I ran in an alley, hoping it would throw Ethan off, but mislead me to a deadend. I stared with defeat at the walls, my breathing the only thing I could hear other than the drumming of my heart.

I heard someone stop behind me, and I turned, seeing Ethan looming over me. His eyes held so much rage, making me feel weak. I backed up into the wall a bit. "No where to run, Time Watcher!" He barked slyly.

I backed away more as he held out a hand, indicating for me to give him Lorita.

"Hand the watch over." He growled.

"Never!" I shouted, holding my right wrist and pulling Lorita close to my chest. "She's mine!"

Ethan began to walk towards me, but someone shouted, "Hey!"

Ethan jumped and turned, and I looked past him to find the person I had bumped into standing there, holding his falcon. The falcon had woken up, looking around in confusion.

"Get away from her!" Shouted the boy.

"This is none of your business." Ethan growled, his attention on the boy entirely. I watched, knowing I couldn't leave just yet.

"Well now it is!" He challenged, dropping his back pack. I noticed he had a slight accent, similar to the Zandarians... Is he a Zandarian?

Ethan laughed coldly. "You have no idea what your getting yourself into, kid."

"Neither do you," he snapped, accent becoming thick.

Yeah, that was Zandarian. But I thought... how is he here? They're still in the medieval stage. They couldn't have gotten far with their ships, especially because of the weather around their island. So how?

The falcon climbed up to the boy's shoulder, and Ethan lunged at the Zandarian. The boy dodged him and kicked him hard in the side. I heard a crack from Ethan's ribs, and he fell and held his side, grimacing. The boy did something weird with his hands, and to my shock, ice formed at Ethan's feet, encasing him in a freezing trap. The boy's falcon jumped off his shoulder and attacked Ethan's face, and to my horror, scratched out one of his eyes. 

The boy turned to me as Ethan screamed, looking a bit perturbed himself. "Go! Hurry!" He shouted at me.

I nodded and rushed out of the alley, terrified. I knew Ethan wouldn't return, so I dared stopping and typed out Zandaria's coordinates, then returned to the army. It was night, and the air was freezing. My breath showed in puffy white clouds, and I sighed, seeing the tent. The Time Watchers were still curled up in a dog-pile.

Smiling, I crawled up to them and grabbed my blanket, curling up next to them. I sighed at the warmth, finding it easier to fall asleep. Tomorrow's a big day, I reminded myself, flooding everything else out of my head as I fell asleep in the dark.