Chapter 1

A/N: This starts in the Marauders' third year because we're DIFFERENT. So yeah just be aware of that.

Jareth's POV

Jareth Henry Potter was woken up far too early that morning. His twin brother, James Fleamont, had, as usual, jumped onto his bed, screaming in his ear.

"JARETH, JARETH, JARETH, WAKE UP," he yelled. Jareth groaned and pushed his slightly older brother off of the bed. "Well, screw you too, mate."

"James, what is wrong with you, it's," Jareth stopped, glancing at the clock on his wall. "Seven a.m. on a Saturday."

"Which is why I'm up! Look outside! It's a perfect day for quidditch." Jareth groaned again, pulling his covers up and over his head. "Come on, please? I have to be ready for quidditch this year. School starts in a week, mate, I have to be prepared."

"What makes you think I care?" Jareth replied snarkily, pushing his covers off of him and sitting up. James rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Come on, you tosser, just do it."

"Fine, but only if you tell Mum that I tried to talk you out of it. You know she hates it when we fly, you always end up getting hurt," Jareth said, sighing as he got out of bed.

"You know I will," James replied with a toothy grin.

"Yeah, yeah... Well, since you're already dressed, go get the brooms and the quaffle." James smiled again and ran out of the room. Jareth could hear the loud thump as James slipped on the rug and fell in the hallway. Thirteen years old and he was still just as clumsy as he was when they were eleven. He rolled his eyes and began getting dressed. He brushed his hair out of his face and went downstairs to make toast for him and his brother. His parents were both still asleep so he, unlike James, tried his best to be as quiet as possible so he wouldn't wake them.

When the toast was done, he walked outside to the backyard and handed James his breakfast.

"Aw, thanks, you're the best," James said, winking and taking a bite.

"Mmhmm," Jareth hummed tiredly. James finished his toast and hopped on a broom swiftly. He flew into the air and circled his brother a few times.

"Come on, Jareth!"

Jareth complied, grabbing his broom and joining his brother in flying around the yard. James smiled at him, and Jareth shook his head, smiling a little and laughing. James smirked and flew higher, his brother quickly following him.

They chased each other for awhile before James swooped back to the ground and grabbed the quaffle, flying as fast as he could towards their "hoops". They were really just three partings in the trees behind their home, but it worked just the same.

Jareth chased after him, overtaking him quickly. He may not love quidditch as much as his brother, but that didn't mean he wasn't good at it.

He took the quaffle out of James' hands and flew toward the "hoops", James yelling and flying quickly after him. Jareth threw the quaffle into the hoops, and stopped abruptly. James ran into him and flipped upside down on his broom.

"WHAT THE HELL, YOU BLOODY GIT! HELP ME UP!" James screamed to Jareth as he was dangling by his fingertips.

"Yesterday you said you were stronger than a bull! What happened? Are you calling yourself fat..." Jareth turned to look at James and immediately regretted what he'd said. "MERLIN'S BEARD, I'M SO SORRY, BE RIGHT THERE! HANG ON!"

"THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO!" James retorted as Jareth flew quickly over to his hopeless brother and helped him back onto his broom. They flew back to the ground without saying another word. As they put their equipment away, Jareth glanced back at his brother, who was frowning grimly.

"This is why we don't play quidditch at home, James. Remember what you promised-"

"Yeah, yeah, tell Mom it was all my fault, I'm barmy, blah, blah, blah," James said, annoyed. Jareth smiled.

"Well, I didn't say that exactly, but yeah, that works too," he replied. James rolled his eyes, a habit he'd seemed to acquire recently, and shoved Jareth lightly.

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER?! JARETH- BOYS! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Their mother's voice rang out throughout the yard, causing both boys to wince.

"Go, child, and accept your fate," Jareth said, mocking their headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, only slightly. James, again, rolled his eyes, and walked over to their mother reluctantly. Jareth heard parts of their conversation without really listening. He tried to sneak around the house, but-

"JARETH HENRY POTTER, YOU COME HERE RIGHT NOW!"

He sighed, walking over to his mother.

"Yes, Mum?" He said innocently as he could.

"What were you thinking, letting your brother fly?!" his Mum exclaimed, but he could tell it was just for show. She knew Jareth wasn't a trouble maker.

"I didn't let him, Mum, I tried to stop him, I really did!"

"Yes, yes, all right. James, you're grounded. No flying until you go to school. Jareth, please try to keep your brother in check. You know how he is..." She walked off into the house, shaking her head and sighing. Jareth glared at James when she was inside.

"So much for your promise, you maggot," he hissed. James shrugged and tousled his hair, smiling.

"C'mon, kid, let's go inside," James said.

"You're literally 30 seconds older."

"Which makes you my kid brother."

"James," Jareth sighed in exasperation. The other twin laughed and ran inside, Jareth following him. Only about six more days and Jareth wouldn't have to deal with this bloody git 24/7.