B.DISRUPTING THE SALE

Magsimula sa umpisa

I didn't really see what was so funny about the poor joke but my thoughts were suddenly interrupted.

''So is the plan still a go your Highness?'' a voice startled me. I turned around meeting the eyes of my closest friends in the city.

''Hub for the love of Osiris you scared me'' I growled.

''Sorry your Highness, I keep forgetting how much of a wimp you are''

I irked at Hub, ''Not funny, I thought you were one of his men''

After a while, I asked in a low-tone, ''Renal coming?''

''His dad had him doing work for him, he sends his regards and says he'll make the next mission'' I smiled a bit, Renal would've loved this one.

Hub looked in my direction and caught sight of the target, ''It doesn't look like there are a lot of guards, does he think the great Allan is not negligent enough?''

I elbowed him hard and he squealed in pain and laughter though he quickly went silent and I grinned, Hub knew the stakes of the mission well enough to know when playtime was over.

Hub was a pretty plain looking mummy but he was always cheerful and full of life ironically enough, he almost looked Asian because of his tiny eyes.

Hub was a huge mummy even though we were both 14, it had something to do with using magic to perform his birth because of complications and because of that Hub was born with quite a definitive figure of a grown soldier.

He was even offered to work for the Queen should he finish school, most mummies believed he'd be an excellent guard though there was no way he was as daft and soulless as they were. All they did was wear white robes covering their faces.

The legendary soldiers of The Queen called 'Imperials' were one of Egypt's greatest warriors, no enemy faced them and lived to tell the tale, well that was how the stories went.
They were as ancient as the city was, their sole purpose was to protect the Queen of the city.

''Your father isn't aware you are here is he, your Highness?'' Hub asked.

''Of course, Hub and how many times have I told you to stop addressing me like that?'' I whispered keeping a close eye on the Arachne patrolling about.

''What do you think Moab got this time?'' Hub asked as he ate on an apple.

I shook my head, ''Whatever it is, it definitely isn't good'' and then Moab gestured to his guards behind to bring his supplies.

The men went back and within seconds were bringing crates and boxes and baskets. There was a murmur of curiosity even from me as they brought a lot of stuff before us.

The guards brought what looked like a big cage covered completely by a black cloth that was thick enough to prevent us from seeing what exactly was in it.

The cage suddenly began to shake uncontrollably much to the delight of Moab as he snickered revealing the beauty in his mouth, ''And folks I present to you amongst the first of my discoveries from the Elf territory, the creature entirely made of wood The Xova'' with that he removed the cloth.

We were looking at a creature that was composed entirely of wood. It looked like one big tree but with a definitive figure almost man-looking but very wide, it looked like the base of a tree too.

The beast gave a loud cackled sound as it slammed itself from side to side, the crowd was in awe. I heard creatures, mummies and more give sounds of wonder as they began whispering before yelling how much for the beast.

I had heard stories of The Xova ever since I was a child, beings of nature, it was said that they inhabited Earth long before the arrival of man. They were known to be most gentle creatures but seeing the beast for the first time, I figured the tales weren't all that accurate.