Chapter 1 - Riley

Start from the beginning

"Yeah?" I replied casually to his calls of my name.

"You need to take me to karate practice."

I groaned out in frustration. Why did he need to learn karate? I was going to go meet Lizzie and Becky up in about half an hour. Damn you, little brother!

"God. Fine." I said as I got up, shoved him out of the room and opened my wardrobe to find clothes. After like a half an hour, I finally decided on a creamy dress and matching shoes. Since it was summer, I think I'll go casual today.

I looked in the mirror. I didn't do anything to my hair, I actually quite liked my hair, it was straight then curled into ringlets at the bottom, and it was quite long too. I didn't put on much makeup, I wasn't really into the stuff but I did apply some eyeliner and some lipgloss. I grabbed my bag and my shades.

I opened the door to find that my brother was already there sitting down on the steps, waiting for me with his karate kit all set.

"Well, come on Jammy!" I said with fake enthusiasm and my brother's pet name.

"Don't call me that." he moaned. I just laughed at him and ran down the stairs to open the door.

"Scar, when are you going to come back today?" a tired voice behind me asked, I turned around to see who it was, my mom.

"Uh, I don't know." she just shook her head, sighed and went back to where ever she had come from. I just shrugged at her walking figure and opened the door to reveal my face to a blaring sun. I put the shades on to protect my eyeballs from being damaged as I walked out with my brother trailing along behind me.

Unfortunately for me, Riley and his gang of friends thought this would be the best time to come out of the front door as they began to walk over to his car. What the hell? I didn't even know he had friends in there, he was just reading a book!

I suddenly became nervous and self-conscious as I realised they were all staring at me. Oh no... I hated attention, eventhough I might not seem like I do. I looked at each of their faces, they all had their mouths open except for Riley who had his gaze at the ground. Actually, I couldn't really see because of these shades. I took them off and whipped my hair back so that I could see better.

They all had completely lost it, I swear I even saw one guy with drool sliding out his mouth. I started to laugh, staring at that. My god... there are all these others boys who would love to go out with me but I, being the person that I am, have to go for the one that won't even look at me the way I look at him. I shook my head, grabbed my brother and started to walk down the street to where his karate club was.

I couldn't resist but look back at them, someone else had come out of the house, someone more heavily built than the others. I couldn't see him properly but I could tell that he had some kind of power over the others. Huh.

As we were walking down the street, my phone beeped telling me I had a new message. I peered into my bag and got my phone out to check who it was. Becky.

Scar! Where r u? Me n Liz been waitin 4 u! Hurry up, need 2 tell u something x

I walked faster with Jamie who was trying to catch up with me. I have to admit, my brother was cute but the most annoying thing on earth when he wanted to be. He was chubby and he had pink cheeks with childish features. He had just recently turned 13 or something and thought that he was all grown up. Haha, kids.

We had just reached his karate or kung fu thing and he was rushing inside when I grabbed hold of him and being the big sister I was, I tried to embarass him.

"Bye Jammy!" I said as I bent down and planted a big wet kiss on his chubby cheeks. He wiped his tomato red cheeks as he ran inside, pretending he didn't know me. I shook my head at him and smiled at him while I made my way to the town's only shopping mall.