The Shining Beacon

Start from the beginning

Jaune: (holding out his hand) "Hey... I'm Jaune."

"Hey it's vomit boy" Tai said.

Ruby: (taking his hand) "Ruby." (stands up) "Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"

Qrow snorted.

Beacon inside the walls are filled with scenic trees, arching architecture, and a winding road alongside a river, down which Ruby and Jaune are walking.

Jaune: "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!"

Ruby: (laughing) "Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind."

Qrow rolled his eyes, of course Ruby would call him the exact same thing as Tai.

Jaune: "Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?"

This made everyone laugh.

Ruby: "Hey, that explosion was an accident!"

Jaune: "Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!"

All the women raised an eyebrow at this.

Ruby: (skeptic) "Do they?"

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind."

Summer started giggling.

"He's so awkward it's adorable" She said sweetly.

Ruby: (giggles before a short, awkward silence falls) "So... I got this thing!" (she pulls out Crescent Rose and stabs it into the ground)

"Best way to introduce yourself, use your big ass scythe" Tai said sarcastically, only to sweat drop when he saw Summer and Qrow nodding in agreement with completely serious expressions on their faces.

Jaune: "Whoa! Is that a scythe?"

Ruby: "It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"

Jaune: "A-wha...?"

Ruby: (cocks it, smiling) "It's also a gun."

This made everyone laugh.

Jaune: "Oh. That's cool!"

Ruby: "So what've you got?"

Jaune: "Oh! I, uh..." (unsheathes a blade) "I got this sword!"

Ruby: "Ooooohh!"

Jaune: "Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" (he gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense)

Ruby: (touching the shield) "So, what do they do?"

Jaune: (fumbling with the shield as it retracts off his arm, expands, and retracts again before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt) "The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away..."

Ruby: "But... wouldn't it weigh the same?"

Jaune: (dejectedly) "Yeah, it does..."

Qrow snorted at this.

Ruby: (giggling) "Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it."

Jaune: "Wait - you made that?!"

Ruby: "Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?"

Jaune: "It's a hand-me-down. My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war."

"Awe that's sweet" Summer said.

Ruby: "Sounds more like a family heirloom to me!" (laughs) "Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days."

Jaune: (sheathing his sword) "Yeah, the classics..."

Ruby: (moving on again) "So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?"

Jaune: (walking alongside her) "Eh, why not? My mom always says, 'Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.'"

"He's a good kid" Li said and everyone nodded in agreement.

Ruby: "Hmm." (looks around) "Hey, where are we going?"

Jaune: "Oh, I don't know! I was following you." (as the scene fades to black) "Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some kind of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?"

Ruby: (laughing) "That's a 'no'."

Everyone started laughing along side Ruby.