Perfect

Chapter 34

Jay’s POV

It’s finally the start of the tour! In less than five minutes my beautiful girlfriend will take to the stage in front of thousands of fans. I know she’ll do amazingly despite her being a bit nervous but I can’t help but to worry. I don’t know… It almost feels like an instinct; deep in my mind I know everything will work out fine but there’s just always going to be that part of me that thinks of the worst. However strong Ruby is, some things she can’t handle and it’ll break down her walls and her emotions run free. I’ve only ever seen it happen once when those fans where horrible to her in a Starbucks toilet of all places! Max has told me that it does happen every once in a while as she builds up all these things in her mind but the emotional walls she builds up in front of people will just crumble and I couldn’t bear to see that happen again.

But here she is bouncing around at the side of the stage with a grin on her face. He voice drifting through the area as she warms it up for the performance which is now only a matter of seconds away. She went around hugging the lads and Nareesha as they wished her luck. The stage director came into the room calling for Roo to go on stage; the fans screamed as her name was announced as I placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

“You’re gonna do great; I love you” I said to her giving her another peck on the cheek.

“Thank you so will you and I love you too” She said before turning around, taking a deep breath and walking on stage in a way that I couldn’t pull my gaze from. I am so whipped for her and I don’t even care.

Ruby’s POV

As I made my way to the centre of the stage the screams only got louder making me smile in a way I didn’t know I could achieve. I probably look like a right idiot. “Hello Glasgow! How are you all doing tonight?” I shouted into my microphone to receive even more screams. “Wow you guys are very excited tonight, I wonder if it’s because there’s a gorgeous boy band sneaking around backstage arguing over who wears the pants in Tom and Max’s relationship” I said while laughing at the fans even louder screams.

“So as you may have heard I am Ruby George and I am the support act for the lads! So first of all I’m going to sing a song called ‘She Looks So Perfect’ by 5 Seconds of Summer!” The crowd screamed as the music began to play and I brought the microphone up to my mouth.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down

They say we're too young now to amount to anything else

But look around

We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now

If you don't swim, you'll drown

But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there

In my American Apparel underwear

And I know now, that I'm so down

Your lipstick stain is a work of art

I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart

And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey!

Hey, hey, hey, hey