Almost...

Chapter 33

Ruby’s POV

After hanging around the hotel for a couple of hours we made our way to the venue for sound check for me and the boys. Never in my life would I have even imagined going on tour with my brother as a support act and being a girlfriend to one of the boys in a million years! It’s funny how things work out unexpectedly.

We had all just come off from sound check and from talking to a few VIP ticket fans; I’ve got to say that they were so kind and heartfelt that I just didn’t want to stop talking to them. I was currently standing at the food table in the dressing Room area with the boys lounging around on the sofas behind me. What to choose… Doritos or Pringles? I was taken from my very hard decision making by the feeling of two warm arms sliding around my waist and a slightly stubbly chin resting on my shoulder. “Hey love” Jay’s delicate voice mumbled into my ear after placing a light kiss behind my ear.

“Hey Jay” I replied just as quietly, turning around in his arms and wrapping my arms around his neck bringing his head down so it was level with mine; which wasn’t too far as I had heels on for my performance much to my complaint of me being clumsy. “How much more time do we have till I go on stage?” I asked a bit nervously.

“Kevin said you have about two hours. But don’t worry, okay? You’re going to be great and the crowd will love you.” Jay replied placing a peck on the end of my nose making me giggle.

“Yeah I guess I can only hope, right?” I chuckled nervously. Jay laughed with me and brought my body closer to his while bringing his lips closer to mine. I looked up into his bright blue ocean filled eyes and lightly brushed my lips against his teasingly making him smirk. He slowly edged his lips to mine, glancing from my lips to my eyes every few seconds almost making sure it was okay that he kissed me and it took me a few seconds to respond to his kiss but when I did I made sure to tease him further. I closed my eyes slowly and moved my lips against his slowly with him moving in sync with me. His plump lips caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach and it never ceased to surprise me every time we kissed. I loved it when he kissed me slowly; I could feel all his passion and in that one kiss I knew this is what I wanted for ever. I loved the way he held me close like I could slip away from his reach. I loved his personality, laugh, curls, eyes and smile. I just loved him from head to toe, inside and out.

When we finally pulled away from each other we didn’t move very far, our faces were only separated by a few centimetres of air. I looked up into his eyes seeing a cheeky smile placed across his lips making me look down and bite my lip with a faint blush on my face. I felt his hand curl under my chin and bring my face to look at his again. “Just thought you should know that I love you” he said quietly then kissed my cheek.

“Then I suppose you should know that I love you too” I replied in an equally as quiet tone. Kissing his pink cheeks softly before pulling back while fiddling with his curls, raking my hand through them almost rhythmically. We broke away from our embrace as the group behind us began singing obnoxiously loud and out of tune considering most of them were singers:

“I'd sing your name over the airwaves,

Crash your couch and sleep off or stay awake.

If not tonight, maybe tomorrow

Cause I'm hung up, I'm shook up,

I'm lovestruck.

I'd wait all day, just for a maybe

I'm trying to find a way to be worthy.

If not tonight, maybe tomorrow