"Well I kinda like Ruby..."-Jay

Chapter 9

Ruby’s POV

This morning I was abruptly awoken by tom, max, jay, Nathan and siva jumping on my bed. I groaned and buried my face into my pillow. I am not a morning person, never have been, never will be. So when they woke me up I can’t help but be at least a little bit annoyed even if they are all lovely.

“What do you want?” I groan while sitting up in my bed and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. “Get up! We’ve got an interview and you’re coming with us!” max shouted while pulling me out of bed. My mood seemed to brighten; I’d always wanted to go to an interview! “Wooo! When do we have to be there?” I ask all the boys hoping to get a response from at least one of them. “In half an hour so get ready!” tom says with a massive grin on his face. “I only have half an hour?!” I shout. “Well actually you’ve got twenty minutes ‘cos it takes ten to get there…” max inputs quietly. I groan and start throwing clothes around my room looking for something suitable to wear. When I finally find something I realise that all the boys are still in my room; I look up to see them cover in my clothes. Siva had a t-shirt on his shoulder, Tom had a couple of socks hanging from his arms, Nathan was holding a couple of shoes he must of caught, Max had a pair of tights dangling from his glasses and Jay had my bra coming off his shoulder and a pair of nickers in his hand.

“Wow that was rapid!” Nathan said while other boys just started laughing. They all come towards me one by one handing back my clothes until jay was the only one left in the room. “Nice underwear” he says as he hands me them back and does a cheeky wink. I feel my face warm up as I blush, he laughs a little noticing my blush. “Scoot McGuiness I have to get read!” I say while walking him towards the door. “I don’t want to go though” he says in a husky voice making me shiver. “I know but max could come in and that would be awkward to explain and I don’t know you that well yet” I reply while winking, he nods in agreement and walks out the door, “Worth a try though” he shouts from down the hall making me giggle.

Jay’s POV

I walked into the kitchen and decided to make myself a cup of tea. As the kettle boiled I started to think of last night and the kiss. It was amazing; I’ve never felt that way before from just kissing someone. Walking into her room this morning I just wanted to kiss her all over again but I obviously couldn’t ‘cos the boys were there. I really like her and I really want her to be mine. But I can’t do that right now; I need to get to know her more so if we do go out then max will know I’m serious about her. I found that I’d made my cup of tea already stirring in the sugar; I must have done it automatically. Right then Nathan walked into the room. “Alright mate, what you thinking about?” he asks me. Should I tell him? He is my best mate after all.

“I’ll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone else” I say to him while checked to see if any of the others were around. “My lips are sealed; now tell me cos you’re worrying me. You normally tell the boys everything; well almost everything” Nathan says while walking closer to the bar and sitting on a stool next to me. “Well I kinda like Ruby…” I say looking at the ground. “Does she like you back?” he asks me. “Well I think so ‘cos we practically made out last night” I say while a small smile appears on my face and I can feel myself blushing. “Aww mate you’re blushing!” he points out. “I think you two would be really cute together! But what are you going to do about max?” he continues. “Thanks mate. I was thinking of just getting to know her better, then if that works out then I’ll ask her out and if she says yes we tell him. So I can prove I’m serious and I won’t mess her about like the other guys she’s been with.” I say looking at nath’s expressions as I tell him; he seems to be happy about it all. “I’ve got to say mate that it’s an awesome plan! I will do whatever it takes to get you two together” he says while patting my shoulder. I grin and say “thanks mate, I love you, you’re the best!” I hug him tightly while he chuckles and replies with “I love you too man. No wonder the fans call us Jaythan!” we both pull away when we hear Siva shout from the front door that we have to leave now.