Winning Him Over

Chapter 25

Max’s POV

“Tommy where are you? I want to talk to you about something!” I shouted while walking through the kitchen searching for Tom.

“In my bedroom! What’s the matter?!” Tom shouted back in reply sounding slightly concerned.

“Hang on I’m on my way up now!” I shouted while jogging past Jay’s room.

“Will you guys stop shouting?! For the love of all things holy it’s too early for that!” Jay yelled from behind the door.

“Get up you lazy bugger! It’s half eleven for crying out loud!” I shouted in return just as I opened the door to Tom’s room. Well it’s my room too now cos we sleep in the same bed but it alternates so in a way we both have two rooms.

“You alright babe? What did you want to talk about?” Tom asked while putting a t-shirt over his head leaving his hair damp from his shower.

“I was wondering if you wanted to meet my parents… You don’t have to if you don’t feel comfortable but I just thought since we’ve been going out a while and my mum is always asking I thought I’d just ask.” I said a bit nervously looking at the ground.

“I’d love to Max! I’ve been meaning to ask you the same thing about meeting my parents too.” Tom replied, I snapped my head up with a grin spread across my face.

“That’s great babe, I’d love to meet your parents too! Are you sure about meeting mine? I mean my mum’s great but my dad… Well you know about my dad. He’s not homophobic or anything it’s just he’s very pushy.” I replied while furrowing my eyebrows in concern.

“I’m sure it’ll be fine, as long as I’m still with you I’m sure I can handle it.” Tom replied confidently while pressing a sweet kiss to my cheek.

“You’ll always have me tom, you know that. Anyway, I’ll just go call my mum and see when she’s free to meet us.” I took my phone out of my pocket and went into our other room to ring her.

*After phone call*

“Hey Tommy! My mum said we could go today if you’re not busy, or do you want to have a bit more time to prepare for them?” I asked Tom while walking into the room to find him sprawled across the bed on his stomach talking to fans on twitter.

“Well there’s no time like the present. Let’s go today, I don’t want to wait any longer, I’m quite excited to be honest.” Tom replied while jumping off the bed and over to the dresser. He sprayed some deodorant on and put a few bracelets around his wrists before walking up to me.

“Cool! I’ll just text her now and then we can get the train down, it should only take a couple of hours.” I quickly sent a text that said:

To: Mum

Hey mum! Tom said he would love to come down today, he’s actually really excited and so am i! See you in a few hours, love you-Max x

I quickly got a reply saying:

From: Mum

Hey sweetie! That’s great I can’t wait to meet the man who you’ve fallen for! See you in a few hours, love you too-Mum x

To: Mum

Oh god mum please don’t embarrass me when we get there! - Max x

From: Mum

Sorry max I can’t promise you anything! It’s my job as a parent after all- Mum x