Mousetrap

A sharp snapping noise. A scream of pain. A struggling boy, age sixteen that stands only five inches tall.

Nick's leg had just got snagged in a mousetrap. He was lucky the wire didn't cut his leg off, but he was sure if he didn't get out soon he'd surely lose the limb. It hurt so much. The humans would be waking up soon too. God, what would they do to a wounded 'rodent' like him? He continued to fight against the trap with fear-filled, tearful eyes. "C-Come, on come on!" He cried out, holding his thigh and pulling on his leg to try and free himself.

Just when he swore he was about to get his leg out, a darkness fell over him and he very slowly turned his head to stare up at the human teen looming over him. "N-No, come on!" He tugged on his leg harder, but his fingers slipped from the blood that had begun running down his leg and he fell backward onto the wooden part of the trap.

Lani had just woken up and had gone to the kitchen, only to find a tiny figure trapped in the mousetrap his mother had set out next to what they thought was a mousehole. But that was clearly not the case, the poor little thing. It looked to be his age too. "H-hey." He stuttered quietly, very slowly kneeling down to get a better look at this figure. 

The little fella's leg was bleeding and looked broken from the force of the trap. And the boy's face was contorted in pain and fear, no doubt caused by Lani himself. "H-Hang on, I'll get you out of there." Carefully, Lani reached out and gripped the trap in one hand, the back of the tiny being's shirt between his other thumb and finger, then use his foot to hold the mousetrap in place while he pried it open. 

Nick cringed in pain and fear as the giant hands came down over him, frightened and sure that the human was going to hurt him. But then the touch on the back of his shirt was gentle, and the pressure on his leg was released. Was the human...helping him? 

"There you go little guy." Lani placed the bleeding tiny figure in an open palm, taking his finger to try and measure how bad his wound was. "Looks like we're not done here yet. Let's get your leg cleaned up and bandaged, and I'll do what I can to help the bone too."

Nick trembled in the warm palm of the human, folding his arms tightly around himself. He once again flinched while the giant poked at his leg. Not really poked, but it still hurt. 

Lani quickly took the miniature boy to the downstairs bathroom, turning the bathroom sink's tap on and waiting until the water was a decent temperature. Very carefully, he ripped the pants that the being was wearing, despite the protests from the tiny thing itself. "If I don't do that I can get it right." He explained, taking some tissue and damping it. 

Once the tissue was damp, he dapped at the wound, cleaning the blood away as carefully as he could. Once enough blood was cleared away, he took more strips of tissue and wrapped the now squirming tiny thing's leg. "My name is Lani. I know you're scared, you look terrified. But I promise I won't hurt you. And you don't have to believe me, just...please let me take care of you."

Nick was silent, quivering as the human he now knows as Lani speaks above him. The tone of the human was gentle, but despite that, he couldn't trust him. He doesn't want to get hurt any more than he already is. "P-Please let me go." He whispered, frightened tears leaking down his face.

Lani brought the small being close, pressing him into his chest with a deep, concerned frown. "I can't, not while your leg is like that." Ignoring the squirming and fighting of him, Lani hurried back up the stairs to his bedroom.

Nick squirmed and fought against the human's grip, then sudden;y was engulfed with a comforting warmth. He wanted to continue to fight, but the blood loss and struggling weakened him. Without his mind's consent, he leaned into the chest he was pressed against, his eyelids growing heavy with exhaustion. Before he knew it, Nick was asleep, despite where he was.

The tiny being had gone limp, and at first, Lani was worried he fainted, but the way Nick was positioned against him made it clear the poor little guy had only fallen asleep. A gentle smile made its way onto Lani's face, and he carefully lowered his new little friend onto his bedroom pillow. "Sleep well...we'll talk more when you wake up."

Nick only rolled over in response, nestling into the soft pillow, oblivious to the human watching him from above.