Hades and Persephone: Rewritten Pt. 3

I haven't written anything in a long time, so before I update and post a chapter of other full stories, I'd like to do this as a warmup. Plus, I adore writing these two together like this.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hades? My love, will you hold my hair while I lace up my dress?" Persephone called from where she stood on the nightstand. In front of her sat a handheld mirror, tilted onto its side for her to use. Her large lover, however, didn't respond. 

Turning to look up at him, she found that he was just staring at himself in his own mirror. His black curls were slicked way back, his usual cloak and ripped pants replaced with a black suit. It was rare to see him so done up, but she knew the reason. 

"Hades." She spoke with a slightly harsher tone now just to get his attention, and it worked. His maroon-colored eyes turned her way and he offered her an apologetic smile. 

"Forgive me, my thoughts were elsewhere," he said in a low voice whilst stepping forward to hold her hair as he asked. His forefinger and pinkie held her blonde locks carefully, rubbing the soft strands between his fingers as well. It was an attempt to use her to distract himself from his own thoughts. 

"On this meeting, right?" Persephone sighed lightly. Zeus and the other Gods arranged a meeting, a simple meetup that goes over everything currently happening in the world and if they feel the need to make adjustments. This was the first time they'd be appearing together, and the first real Winter. She knew her large lover was anxious. Zeus and Poseidon were younger than he was, but they were favored over him. Always. "Don't your sisters ever have your back? Don't they ever...ever say a word? My mother?"

"Hestia...on occasion she speaks. But my brothers, myself, the way that we are often keeps any of them from speaking out. Don't worry. We'll arrive, we'll sit for the meeting, Zeus will make some stupid comments and then we can go home." Hades exhaled softly, watching her as she very easily did the laces on the back of her purple gown. A gown he'd had customized just for her. It warmed his heart how she chose that particular one for this event. 

Persephone gave a firm nod and turned to face him with a soft frown. She took one of his fingers in both her hands and laid her forehead against the tip. "It isn't fair how he treats all of you," she said in a low whisper. "Just because he's stronger."

"Much stronger. That's why he gets away with it." Hades shook his head and sighed heavily. "But, no matter. None of them matter. Only one of the other Gods matter to me...and that's you, Seph. You are my queen. My entire world."

She couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. He always said the sweetest things, and he always meant them. Zeus was known for his infidelity. His lustful nature. His constant pursual of woman that weren't Hera. And here Hades was, the oldest brother, maybe the least powerful of the three, and he chose her out of all of them. How could she not love him?

-------------------------------------------------------

The journey to Mount Olympus was not a long one. Not for him, at least. He had his own gateway to go there and back. It was quite convenient, however, that it only seemed to function when they somewhat wanted him there.

He stepped through the glowing swirls of gold and white with ease, his wife in his hands that he clutched close to his chest for his own comfort. He didn't want to go. But if he didn't show, he'd never here the end of it, and they'd have no reason to not blame him for everything that went wrong within the following years.

Persephone hadn't actually been to Olympus yet. She'd never had a reason to go, always told she was too young to be involved in the other God's business. But now, here she was. Feeling more grown up than ever with her husband at her side, with the gorgeous gown he'd had made for her. Who knew some of the creatures of the Underworld had such amazing tailor skills?