chapter 39

Max

"Babygirl wake up" I groaned and pushed my face into my pillow.

"I wanna sleep forever" I mumbled.

"Max get up" a hand was placed on my shoulder and I was shaken and turned over.

I opened my eyes and glared at Demi. She glared back and pointed to the floor.

"I don't wanna get up!" I whinned and kicked my feet around a little. Demi walked next to the bed and turned me over slightly. She pulled my sweatpants down a little and looked at me. "Nevermind, getting up." I pushed her hand away and stood up fast.

Wrong choice.

My vision became black and I became dizzy. I fell back on the bed and sighed as my body started to tingle.

Demi came over to me and picked me up. "Babygirl you okay?" She waved her hand in front of my face just as my vision returned. I nodded my head and went to stand up. Demi pulled me back down and held me.

"Demi I'm fine. It happens all the time. I get lightheaded, my vision becomes black, and my body tingles for a minute." I gave a small reassuring smile and stood up. I held my hands out. "See? Now I ain't falling." Demi got up and shook her head.

She walked in front of me and pointed to the ground. I crouched down and then sat on the floor. She stood above me and stared down at me.

"Babygirl, who owns you?" Demi raised an eyebrow and stared at me.

"You do" I said in a whisper. I looked down at my lap and twiddled with my fingers.

Demi stood behind me. She placed a hand under my chin. She turned my head around and made it face her. "I couldnt quite hear you. Repeat it again."

She let go of my face and I looked back at my lap.

"You own me" I spoke louder this time.

I looked back at Demi. She gave a warm smile as she stood up.

She walked in front of me and just paced back and forth.

"Why are we going over this again?" I looked at her, waiting for a response. Demi turned around and thought for a second and then came over.

"We are going over this again because I want you to remember these things. I never want to see you second guess your answers or your actions." She got down to my level and placed her hand on the side of my face. She gently rubbed my cheek with her thumb and then stood back up.

I looked up and just smiled. Demi held out her hand and I took it. She helped me up and then we went to the livingroom. I put pants on of course.

As we walked into the livingroom the home phone rang. As I went over to it, Anthony came in the apartment. I looked over and smiled at him.

I picked up the phone and read the caller ID. It was unlisted.

"Hello?" I turned around and leaned against the wall.

"Hello. Is this the Riders residents?" I scrunched up my face. Who calls someone's place a 'resident'?

I sighed. "Yep, it is. How can I help you?" The line was silent for a second.

"Are you Max Rider?" I closed my eyes and leaned my head back.

"Yes I'm Max Rider."

"Okay. Well I've been told to inform you that the boy who attacked you has escaped from the police."