chapter 2

Max

I got up and went to my room and layed on my bed. I didn't understand why I got only a detention. I would have been happier with getting suspended. I stared at my ceiling for a while but stopped when Anthony walked in.

"Just saying while you were late getting home, your school called and made some announcement of a parent meeting." I looked back and the ceiling and thought for a second. "So? Who's cares." I said. I sat up and looked at Anthony, "all my teachers know that we don't have parents" I said. Anthony came over and sat on my bed and hugged me. He knew that I truly was hurting inside. He knew that even speaking those words broke me down even more.

When I was 16 and Anthony was 18 our mom and dad got into a horrible mess. From what the police told us, they were some how involved in the mafia and had a drug deal operation. Anthony got custody of me after our parents got gunned down. He was the only one from that household that cared about me. Mom and dad acted like I didn't even exist.

I hugged Anthony back and crawled into his lap. Sure on the outside I might seem like a huge badass who doesn't give a shit, but in reality I'm truly a soft kid. I felt like I was about to cry but I instead held it in.

Anthony got up and went to leave but turned around to say something before he left. "Just saying when I meet your teachers I'm gonna ask how many times you disturb the class" said Anthony. I laughed and shook my head, he was gonna be in for a hell of surprise.

I decided to go to sleep, tomorrow I had the detention and it was the parent meeting. I got up and went to my closet and grabbed my shorts and my tanktop. I threw my PJs on and got into my bed and layed down. I took my phone and put Spotify on and put my earbuds on. I layed down on my right side and listened to my music for while til I turned my phone off and fell asleep.

||

The next morning I woke up because Anthony was shaking me. "What?!" I asked angrily. I slowly opened my eyes to see Anthony dressed up in a nice blue button up shirt. I took my phone and saw that it was the meeting thing. I sighed and got up, why it had to be at 10:00 in the morning on a Saturday was beyond my ideas.

I got up and went to change into my ripped black jeans and my rainbow shirt. I walked out of the bathroom to see Anthony on his phone. I went to my room and had a small mental argument as to which hat I should wear. My beanie or my baseball cap, I decided on the beanie cause it covered most of my hair and plus I looked kinda hot in it.

I walked out and smacked Anthony on the shoulder. He got up and looked at me up and down, "are you trying to pick up chicks?" Asked Anthony. I laughed and nodded. We went down to my car and got in, Anthony was driving while I was staring out the window.

We arrived at the school to see lots of cars in the parking lot. Anthony got out and I did the same. We walked towards the entrance and many people said their hellos to Anthony. Most of his friends had stayed back, they were all my friends and they protected me. They considered me one of the guys, but at the same time considered me their sister.

We walked in and I immediately saw most of my teachers. Some of them seemed shocked that I had come while others were kinda mad that I came. I looked over and saw miss Lovato, she looked at me and my brother and started to walk towards us. I looked down at my sneakers and prayed to god that my face wasn't red.

"Well hello miss rider" said miss Lovato. I quietly said hi and then continued to look at the floor. "Hello miss Lovato, I'm Max's brother" said Anthony. Miss Lovato looked at us in confusion until my math teacher pulled her back and whispered something to her. I saw miss Lovato nod and then turn back to me and Anthony with a smile.

Miss Lovato looked at me and then spoke. "Your still planning on coming to detention right?" Asked miss Lovato. I nodded my head but kept quiet. I walked behind miss Lovato while she was talking to Anthony and I went and sat up against the wall. I looked in miss Lovato direction and couldn't help but notice her butt. Damn it was a nice view.

I heard a laugh and looked to my right, I saw my friend Sam standing with her phone out, she had taken a picture of me looking at miss Lovato butt.

After a while Anthony went and talked to my other teachers and I saw Sam talking to miss Lovato. I looked at my sneakers and realized that they were soooo dirty. I rubbed my finger against the dirt in hopes it would come off but it didn't.

I looked up and looked in Anthony's direction he motioned that it was time to leave. Most of my teachers were occupied with someone else. I got up and went to walk out with Anthony but was stopped by someone grabbing my arm. I looked back and saw miss Lovato. She had her phone out and showed me a picture. It was the picture Sam had taken moments earlier. I felt my face go red and looked back and my feet.

"Don't be embarrassed I think its cute" said miss Lovato. I looked up in surprise. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I was getting hit on not only by my teacher but by the hottest one I've ever had. Damn I was doing something right.