chapter 34

Max

Absolute. Blinding. Pain.

The only words to describe the pain my body was in.

I could still see nothing, it was pitch black. It was blacker than coal.

Was I dead? Was I slowly dying? Would I ever feel something other than pain? The small thoughts ran through my head.

I could only imagine how someone would find me, then again if they find me.

I felt like I was free floating. It was like laying in a pool, water surrounds you but it doesn't in gulf you.

Though I was out like a light, I thought I could hear noise.

It was a faint buzz, then a squeak, then a beeping.

Why hadn't I fought back? I had a knife, and I was a pretty solid kid in general, so why didn't I fight back?

My mind ran wild with thoughts.

I tried to open my eyes.

Surprising I found myself a bit successful, I slowly got them open but soon closed them as I saw a pure white light.

Shit...maybe I was dead.

I tried again and this time my sense of smell slowly came to me. With my eyes barely open and my sense of smell being horrible, I was only able to make out a few things.

The first being that it was no longer dark. The second being that there was a defined beeping noise, third being the slight smell of antiseptic wash. The smell stung my nose and made me shiver.

I brought my hand up and rubbed my eyes, I soon adjusted to the light in the room.

Looking around I soon realized that there was a couple people in the room.

In the corner Anthony was sprawled out in a most likely uncomfortable position. The position itself made me cringe.

I looked to my right and saw another bed, a figure was laying in it. I looked at my arms and saw that there were needles in my veins.

I quickly looked at the ceiling and took a deep breath, yeah getting body slammed to the ground and most likely having been assaulted is a scary thing, but for me a needle in my arm is a bit worse. Then again I am a damn baby.

I looked around and saw a white board on the wall in front of my bed. I leaned forward and squinted my eyes.

I saw my name, age, height, the stupid stuff.

My eyes ran over the board until I found some value in the info.

Max Rider
Sex: female
Height: 5'8
Age: 18
Family: (brother) Anthony Rider
Reason for admission: found in alleyway unconscious, torn clothes, possible rape.
Medication: pain killers

I laid back down and found myself shocked.

How is only considered a possible rape? If I was unconscious in an alley, with torn clothes wouldn't that lead most to belief it was a rape?

I laid still and took a minute to think this all through, as I was thinking the sound of a shifting person stopped me.

I looked over at Anthony and saw him sitting up and rubbing his face, from the looks of it he must have cried. His face was tear stained and it was still a bit flushed.

He stretched and yawned and then rubbed his eyes and looked at me. When he realized I was awake he got up fast and came over and hugged me.

"Thank god you're okay." He whispered. I laughed a bit and shook my head.

"Bro, give me the fucking run down. What the fuck happened? I tried reading the board", I motioned to the board on the other wall, " all I got from it was stupid and unclear stuff."  I looked at Anthony and saw him shake his head.

"Okay, so after I called you I waited for you to come home. Once it was about an hour after I started to get worried, I went and called you but nothing happened, no one picked up. Of course I was panicking, so I went into your room, which by the way is a horrendous mess. I went in and got on your Facebook and found the teacher you've been seeing" he lowered his voice and moved his eyebrows, "anyways I asked her if she knew anything and of course she didnt. So we're both panicking, I drive to her place we look around the neighborhood until we find this guy over this girl." He stopped and took a deep breath.

"We saw the guy and the car scared him, he ran like a bolt. She told me to pull over and I did, the second she got next to the curb she knew it was you. We called nine-one-one and they came, they did a test to make sure you weren't raped. But they still haven't come back with the results" he finished and I saw the pure look of sadness in his eyes.

I slowly nodded and took in the info.

He got up and excused himself. He walked into the hall looking for a doctor.

My body's pain soon turned into aches. I rubbed my back but jumped a little when the bed next to mine squeaked.

I looked over and saw the person groggily sit up and rub their face.

They looked at their watch and then turned onto their other side facing me.

The light illuminated their face and I instantly made out who it was.

The realization must have been reciprocated because the person jumped up and rushed over to me.

"Max, babygirl, thank god you're awake." Said Demi.

She hugged me and held me, I felt tears on my shoulder, soon enough it hit me that she was crying.

I wrapped my left arm around her and rubbed her back. "Please don't cry." I said. I understood that after something like this is was alright to cry but seeing her cry still hurt me inside.

Demi pulled away just as Anthony and the doctor came in.

"Max good to see you up and interacting" said the doctor. I smiled a little and nodded.

"You gave everyone quite a few scares. Having a female patient who is unconscious is a very scary thing." He said. I nodded my head and stayed quiet.

"So I'll go over what happened and what we were treating you for and then I'll get into the test results." Explained the doctor.

"So you were found in an alley way with torn clothes. Of course being knocked out in an alley is reason enough for the pain meds, the other is just with the incident as a whole. So the meds are just your average high pain meds, they'll last longer than a pill like Aleve. You did get four stitches on your head and forearm." Explained the doctor.

I nodded and glanced at Anthony, he had such a serious face. It almost seemed like an angry one at that.

Demi on the other hand had very worried expression.

I focused back on the doctor.

"So as for the test results. We did find DNA of a male on your clothes and sadly on the inside of your underwear." Said the doctor. My mind froze.

If he meant that this boy had raped me, in was gonna end up in jail for fucking murder.

The doctors face softened as he spoke. "I do hate to say that he did in fact rape you. There was tearing inside on you that was definitely from a male. As for if he used a condom the answer is another sad no. The police have already found the guy." Finished the doctor.

I looked down at my lap and nodded.

He went on to say that I was on medication for that too.

Once he left I looked at Anthony and then Demi.

"Once I'm out of here, I'm gonna kill him"