chapter 5

Max

I woke up the next morning with my neck hurting a little. I remembered back to the day before. I laid back down and tried to remember how yesterday had went.

I stayed in bed for a good twenty minutes until I remembered it was Monday. "Shiiiitttttttt" I whined. I placed the pillow over my face but pulled it away.

I slowly trudged out of bed and got dressed. I threw on my flannel and my baggy jeans and then my boots. I was gonna walk out of my room til I remembered boots weren't allowed in gym. I walked back and put on my sneakers.

I walked into the living room and grabbed my backpack and quickly grabbed my keys and left. I got in my car and drove to school, boy was this day going to be long.

||

"You can leave now" said my math teacher after the bell rang. I jumped out of my seat and then quickly walked to the gym. I was nervous but at the same time happy.

Me and my friends got to class and went to our numbers on the wall. This school was known for numbers to keep us in check.

Everyone got to their numbers and waited for miss Lovato. Time started to tick by so I quickly made a small announcement. "Yo, just a what for, if miss Lovato doesn't get here within the next 7 minutes we can leave." I said. The class laughed but honestly I wasn't joking on the offer.

Just as the noise settled down miss Lovato opened her office door and walked out. She walked over to the table in the corner and sat down. She was going through the attendance. And as she got to me I was trying to think of something dumb to do.

I look beside me and saw that I could get under the bleachers. I quickly and quietly shimmied my way under there and hid.

"Max?" Called miss Lovato. I covered my mouth and closed my eyes so I wouldn't laugh. I heard her push her chair back and angrily walk in my direction. I saw her feet right next to the bleachers. And then she crouched down and glared at me.

"Do you really think you're funny?" Asked miss Lovato. I removed my hand from my mouth and spoke. "I think I'm fucking hysterical" I said. Miss Lovato gave me and death glare and moved to the side and pointed to the get out.

I crawled my way out and then stood up. Miss Lovato got up and looked at me. I smiled and then laughed. Miss Lovato just shook her head and walked away. She finished attendance and then made us start warming up.

"Ok so the game we will be playing today is dodge ball" said miss Lovato. The class cheered and jumped up. We got placed on teams and got into place. We played 10 rounds of dodge ball with both teams ending in a draw.

The announcements came on over the loud speaker and then the bell rang. I went over towards the book rack and grabbed my binder, one of the older boys in my class walked by and smacked it out of my hand, making it unzip and for papers to fly everywhere.

I started to pick up my papers but half way through felt like I was being watched. I turned around to see miss Lovato. "Can I help you?" I asked. Miss Lovato shook her head again but this time grabbed the nearest chair so she could sit down.

"So why exactly did you hide under the bleachers? Did you think you were going make me laugh or something?" Asked miss Lovato. "I knew you weren't gonna laugh, it was just cause I wanted to do it." I said. She nodded and I went back to picking up my papers.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her get up and go behind me. After that I soon felt a hand around my neck. I stopped what I was doing and froze. I then felt miss Lovato crouch down get next to my ear and whisper.

"Don't test me like that EVER again. If you do I will make your detention a thousand times worse that what it was yesterday. I hope that is understood, because I will only repeat it so many times. Am I understood? " asked miss Lovato. I quickly nodded my head.

I felt her kiss my neck and then let go and walk in front of me and help me pick up the rest of my stuff. Once we were done I quietly thanked her and then walked out of the gym and to my car. Once in I drove home the whole time thinking about what had happened.

I walked into Anthony's apartment and went to my room and laid down. I couldn't tell if Demi wanted me dead or if she wanted me to herself. But either way I knew I was in for a very dominant relationship make exclusively by her.