Part 69; From afar

Baekhyun groans as he shifts awake. His head pounded hungover from the night before. He sits up in his bed glancing at the empty spare bed. Despite being tucked and fixed, Baekhyun could tell that someone has slept there. Kim Soohyun? Was he finally here? Baekhyun couldn't recall what happened last night. He yawns and checked the time 7:32 a.m. Deciding against going back to sleep, Baekhyun got up to take a morning shower. Hopefully, that would help recall what happened the night before.

When Chanyeol had reached his hut, the dirty covers of Xiumin's puke were gone and new sheets had replaced them. Still, the room stunk of puke and alcohol. Chanyeol makes a face before sitting in a nearby chair. It smelled too much to peacefully go back to sleep. He sat with a stank-face debating on what to do.

Baekhyun's stomach growled hungrily. Breakfast, he thought. Slipping on his shoes, Baekhyun made sure to quietly shut the door behind him in consideration of others. He was met with the warmth of the morning sun beaming onto the ocean. He inhales before exhaling feeling at peace. "What a beautiful view..." He says watching and slowly walking toward the restaurant on the beach where breakfast was being served.

Approaching the restaurant, Baekhyun looked for the group of men. He peeked over the corner searching. "Baekhyun!" Changmin raises a hand to wave him over. There was two rows of long tables with an abundant of breakfast food spread over it. A few of Changmin's friends were spread over the two tables and quietly enjoying the morning sun with their hangovers. Beside Changmin sat Jongin and Chanyeol. Baekhyun hesitates but walks over unsure of where to sit. Changmin gestures toward the seats in front of them. Baekhyun decided to sit across from Changmin who sat in the middle between Jongin and Chanyeol.

"Good morning~" Jongin says cheerfully. Baekhyun smiles and takes a seat. "Good morning. You seemed to have had a good night." Chanyeol sits up straight.

"Of course. Kyungsoo isn't even up yet." Jongin winks at him and Baekhyun makes a face.

"Okay.." He stares at his food options.

"What about you?" Jongin asks before sipping a tropical blue drink from a straw.

Baekhyun hesitates, "Well...I slept well so that's a good sign that I had fun...and as far as I can remember....I had fun." Jongin almost spits his drink laughing. "You don't remember what happened?" Baekhyun shakes his head no.

Changmin and Chanyeol exchanges a look. "What do you want to eat?" Changmin asks. Baekhyun observes again, "Mmm.." Chanyeol watches the latter leaning in with a finger on his chin deciding.

"Pancake." Baekhyun observes the fluffy pancakes by Chanyeol's side. "I heard it was really good. Much more fluffy and sweet." Changmin says. "Chanyeol hyung said it was really tasty." Jongin adds in. "Ah..." Baekhyun says listening.

He was served with a stack of pancake and all sorts of fruits. After a few mouthfuls, Baekhyun glances at the jar of orange juices placed spatially on the long table. The nearest jar was by Chanyeol. He swallows hard hesitating on what he should say. Noticing the latter's facial expression Chanyeol smiles to himself. "Would you like some orange juice?"

Baekhyun looks up at him surprised but quickly lowers his gaze to Chanyeol's chest. He can't even bear to look at me..Chanyeol thought. "Yea..could you please pass.." Baekhyun extends his hand to receive the jar but Chanyeol pours it into his empty cup of glass. "...Thank you.." Baekhyun mumbles drinking it. Jongin smiles sad, when are these two going to work it out.

"Hyung.." Jongin says staring at Baekhyun chest imitating him, "I think that...you look really nice today." Baekhyun flushes and Changmin and Jongin laughs. Chanyeol holds his back into a smile. Baekhyun covers his chest, "Don't look at me like that.."