Part 56; Uh Oh

Bogummy?!??!😭😭
Baekhyun swiftly composes the text with his fingers under the table trying to be as slick as possible. After sending for help, he lifts his head up from his phone and back to the middle age ladies with a honey smile. His hand held onto his phone in his lap in hopes of a quick reply.

His mother had planned for him to meet her friends a week ago and he promised to make time to go. And here he was, at a fancy restaurant, in a secluded V.I.P area that he'd personally reserved. They sat around a large table relaxing after a delicious meal.

"He's so handsome like his parents! The fruit doesn't fall from the tree." His mother's friend gently pat his mother's arm enviously. Mrs. Byun smiles at her compliment and Baekhyun shoot them all a sweet smile. "I envy you. I wanted my son to be a doctor too. He's in the finance department which isn't too bad but he can do better." Another one of her friend comment.

And of course this is want happened when you gather a group of fancy upper class mothers together for lunch. They share all their miserable sufferings from their children without leaving out a single detail of their children's flaws.

"Your mother said you're single. Is in it true?"

She did? Baekhyun looks back at his mother who had a warm smile encouraging him to reply. "Yeah- uh, I'm single." He hears himself dumbly respond.

"You're at the right age to get marry." Another friend says and he internally sighs. "I have a daughter your age. I think you two would be cute together." He forces a smile mentally thinking about Luhan. Baekhyun smiles wider at the thought of him.

"I know so many friends that would love you as an in law. You're handsome, successfully, and a doctor! You're a jackpot in the eyes of middle age ladies!" They ladies laughs together in agreement.

"I do agree I am at the right age to get marry but I don't want to rush it. I want..love." And with that, Byun Baekhyun had all the mothers swooning. "And I want to focus on my work. It's a demanding task being a doctor and I don't particularly have time to date. That's why I'm still single." He pretends to laugh sadly. "And I'm probably not too good looking which is my I haven't caught anyone's eye yet." Baekhyun pouts cutely to seal the deal of having them heads over heals for him.

They all spoke over each other pouring their love for his good looks and hard working drive making sure he had many ladies to choose from.

His phone vibrates in his hand. He sneaks a look:

From: Min
What is it? Whats wrong?😨😱

The mothers distracted eargerly telling his mother about their daughters, cousin's daughter, brother's daughter's daughter and so on. Baekhyun quickly sent a test:

If you care about me please call me back pretending I'm needed at the hospital! Help a friend out. I don't want to be here any longer, I'm too young to get married. They're giving my mom ideas and that's a no-no. Help Please Bogummy!

"Isn't that right?" Baekhyun hears his mother say in his direction and he looks up nodding going with the flow. His phone vibrates again.

From: Min
On a level of 1 to 5
1 being be kinda cool about it to 5 being wE NEED YOU TO SAVE LIVES IMMEDIATELY, how extra do you want me to act
oh and tell Mrs. Byun I said hi^^

Baekhyun laughs to himself and quickly responds with a 3. And a second later his phone rings catching everyone's attention. Mrs. Byun gives him the why is your phone on? that's not polite but is it important? Baekhyun gives he a smile and proceed to pick it up and they quiet down to eavesdrop.